Reunion after 40 years

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
One never knows what will happen on the internet.

A couple of days ago, I received a post on a thread that had nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. It was from a daughter I had not heard from in almost 40 years!

I'd tried to contact her but the only people who knew her whereabouts stonewalled me. Google searches came up empty.

I was told her sister had found my name on Twitter - where I never, ever post, read or scan. How she did it is beyond my ken. But she, as well as her older sister contacted me.

One never knows where these little letter go out over the world wide web.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
That reminds me - your registration email address is bouncing. :) She contacted me, too, and I tried to forward her email and contact information to you, but couldn't.

smoothseas

Life sucks... Then ya die...
Registered
Reaction score
yawn... in da land of the terminally bored.
Mazel tov!

I know how happy you must feel. A good friend recently reunited with two sons that she hadn't seen in forty some years.

As toddlers, the boys had been adopted by separate families. The adoptive parents had lived closed together and often got together. Until the kids reached high school. Then they lost touch.

Well, about eighteen months ago, the boys found each other. A few months later, they found mom.

The World Wide Web is a great thing!