Shopping help please

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
Okay, so I'm a picture book author. My first book is coming out in March, and all proceeds are going to charity. For one reason or another I've quite painfully gone through three illustrators. Finally less than a month ago I found Karl. He agreed to do the work in thirty-four days. A full book of illustrations in thirty-four days is nuts. He also designed the bookmarks and the original number of pages I quoted was 19+ cover and bookmark. He felt the book would be stronger with 24 pages so has done 24+cover and bookmark. Karl has been a Godsend. And he's agreed to do all for charity.

So I want to buy a thank you gift for him. I only know him on a strictly business level. He lives in LA and I'm Ohio. He's 29. Any suggestions on what I could get him?

Thanks!!!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
A gift card? They work for me :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of gift cards in general, but in this case a gift card to Amazon would probably work better than anything else.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If he's in LA, maybe a gift card for Pinkberry (They don't have them everywhere yet, but LA has been collectively obsessed with them for several years now). Or Intelligentsia Coffee, that's like hipster coffee shop heaven here. Or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, which is like Starbucks only awesomer. Or Blick Art Supplies (unless he's only a computer artist). I assume you can buy these things online.

Or a really fancy travel mug thingy. Or for something nicer, maybe a portfolio type thingy with his name or initials on it. Or a fresh artist messenger bag. Umm, that's all I can think of without knowing anything else about him.