PDA

View Full Version : "I wanted to stay home..."

deborahlea
01-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Yesterday, one of my coworkers took home a proof copy of The Monster's Daughter. Before I handed it over, I let her know I didn't expect her to love it and was comfortable with any feedback, including "I hate it."

She just said, "It grabbed me right away! I was telling [x] this morning that I really wanted to call in sick so I could finish it!"

I always hope for the best but expect the worst, so this was such a rush. WOO! ^^

Phaeal
01-27-2011, 12:11 AM
CPID (Can't Put It Down) is always the best crit. CGs!

Tifferbugz
01-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Very nice, grats!

ejbwr
01-27-2011, 07:06 AM
Awesome!

deborahlea
01-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks! ^^

PinkAmy
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Very cool! It's nice to get such a compliment :snoopy

Lainey
01-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Nice! :)

deborahlea
01-30-2011, 04:52 AM
An old coworker/friend bought a copy of TMD on Kindle. Her review--the first review from a non-beta'er--made me weep, and not because it was scathing.

In my blog's first entry, I explained why I was self-publishing:
"Mostly I wanted to rid myself of the guilty knowledge I'd written a bunch of books and just sat on them. In the wake of my mom's death, that seemed a lot like hiding the talent my mom was so proud to see in all of her children. Secondarily, I wanted to free Ginny Connors from the confines of my hard drive, in case anybody else could come to love her the way I do."

One of the key components of the review that just landed in my inbox?
"I loved Ginny. ... Even in the face of such adversity, she's strong, willing and determined."

When I'm done weeping, I'm going to ask if she'll put her thoughts into an Amazon review.

So, yeah. This feels like an accomplishment.

WritingNut
01-31-2011, 12:08 AM
Yay, congrats! :)