Formatting Woes

scottishpunk

Registered
Reaction score
I'm uploading my novel for Barnes and Noble's Nook device via their Pubit system. I'm having trouble with the way it's formatting my book, though. It seems to disregard page breaks, and instead just add an arbitrary amount of blank space. What can I do to fix this?

Splendad

Correcting a man? Be right.
Registered
Reaction score
East, northeast, or southest of you, probably
Website
wordsrock.blogspot.com
If it's like what I'm facing with Kindle and CreateSpace, it depends on 100 things. What format? Did you use true page breaks? If you remove source formatting from a document by saving it as a non-native type, you invite the gremlins in. There are entire websites (thick ones) dedicated to this... any details?

DanielArenson

Registered
Reaction score
What format did you upload it in? I haven't used PubIt, but I can help you format an ePub with page breaks.

stuntdog

creature void of form
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having mad problems trying to get book of poetry to look right on Kindle. Want to publish there & elsewhere. Does it just automatically mess it up due to Kindle's screen size. My book is 6X9. The HTML screen (from converter) looks perfect. The preview screen is a train wreck. Lines are bunched together &/or continue mid-line on next row down. :(