PDA

View Full Version : Fringe is on Fridays

JasonP
01-26-2011, 01:22 AM
This is a personal plea! Fringe is our family's favorite show, and they've moved it to Fridays. The kiss of death. Need everybody who doesn't watch it to start watching it!

Thanks. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :)

GavinPreacher
01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
I have been hooked since the first five seconds of episode one. Fringe ranks about second on my all-time list, slightly behind the X--Files, mainly because the X-Files got 9 full seasons.

Jcomp
01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
The dreaded Friday Night Death Slot. If Fringe and Terriers get cancelled in the same season I'll have to write off television altogether.

Well, except for sports. And Justified. But other than that...

AdamH
01-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Fringe is too good to get cancelled. The fans will find it.

It's one of the consistently best shows on tv right now.

sailor
01-27-2011, 12:35 AM
I read an article that said the first friday showing garnered a larger audience than the previous thursday one. Also, a comment about the switch. From an article by Kat Angus, Postmedia News.

But while countless shows have struggled on Friday nights, Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly is hopeful Fringe can break the trend. The series may be unlikely to find a mainstream audience, but ratings for Friday are measured by different standards than for Thursday -- and if Fringe can retain the same viewership, it would be a be a valuable asset for the Fox network.
"I beg you not to write the eulogy prematurely," Reilly told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter tour earlier this month. "If we just literally transfer the ratings we have from Thursday to Friday ... we have significantly upgraded our ratings on that night. I want the audience to transfer to Friday. I would be heartbroken if it went away. But if the fans stick with us, the show could be on the air for many years."

Full article: http://www.canada.com/tonight+Fringe/4144418/story.html

LIVIN
01-27-2011, 08:49 AM
thumbs up for Fringe :)

Jcomp
01-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Interesting article, Sailor. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully this is a good move for the show, because it's a consistently good-to-great hour of television...

dirtsider
01-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Actually, I would prefer watching it in Fridays.

Overkill
01-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Anyone else see the first friday episode? I really enjoyed it, as i do every episode. The character relationships and the odd science just keep me going week after week after week. I can't wait for another episode. Do you guys think it will last beyond this season? It is, as others here said, consistently one of the best hours of television out there.

I wish i could write a novel like this.