• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking YA Writing Buddy, Beta, Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

Not to sound too much like a personal ad, but I'm looking for someone to develop a relationship with. Writing relationship that is! I have a few critique partners here and there that I love, but life's been pretty hectic for them and we haven't been able to talk as much. I was also hoping to find someone who writes in the same genre I do which is YA contemporary romance. Or at least that's my latest WIP. I do have a YA historical romance and MG fairy tale finished but I mainly want to concentrate on the YA contemp for now.

Although I would love to have a beta(s), I also want someone to throw ideas back and forth or work plots out with. Or even squeal or moan about the ups and downs of publishing. I'll be glad to return the favor, of course. I won't be able to help much with line edits (some comments here and there), but I've been told I'm pretty good with plotting and character development. That's my problem actually, I love to plot and outline yet tend to drag my feet when it comes to the actual writing lol

You could visit my blog in the signature below. I recently posted a quick blurb about my WIP as well as my other novels. If you're interested, send me a message and we'll go from there! Thanks!

Rosalyn_Kae

Better to be forgotten than sued!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deathbyink-rosalynkae.blogspot.com
Hey Jennifer,

I write YA fiction as well and would LOVE to try out a partnership with you! Look for a PM from me with more details but I'm game to see how this'll work!

Last edited:

FictionChick

Probably writing
Registered
Reaction score
Can I join in too??? My WIP is a YA fantasy / historical. :)

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Sure! The more the merrier! Why don't you PM me your info and we could talk from there!

Fika

Registered
Reaction score
Website
survivinglifeinsweden.blogspot.com
Hi,

I'm putting the final touches on a YA paranormal/historical (still trying to figure out the genre) and starting out on a new contemp. Would love to have someone to discuss it with - I will PM you!

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Fika, I can't wait!

Empress, even if you can't read and beta you can always join in on the moaning and squealing (although I hope it'd be mostly squealing for all of us) Not to sound like a cheesy 90's family sitcom, but there's always room for a friend! :)

jennifer williams

Registered
Reaction score
Wow didn't know this would be so effective :) I'm officially closing this now. Thanks everyone for responding, I had some awesome people PM me and can't wait to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.