PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader Needed ASAP! - In Desperate Need Of Some Seriously Curious Eyes And Creative Minds!

Rosalyn_Kae
01-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Hello all! I'm in desperate need of some seriously curious eyes and creative minds to read and critique my YA zombie manuscript. In other words, I NEED BETA READERS! I will repay the favor, on a few conditions.

I'll read and critique almost anything but I won't read:

Adult Fiction
Memoirs
High Fantasy
Non-fiction
Mystery

I especially LOVE:

Young Adult (Anything)
Contemporary
Urban Fantasy
Quirky/Experimental

I'm not very squeamish so I don't mind content or language but I am looking for serious replies to this thread. I'm looking for some enthusiastic individuals who are not only in LOVE with young adult fiction but who also enjoy a challenge. I'm not good with grammar or punctuation so if that's the kind of critique you're interested in, I'm not sure I'd be the best writing partner. Please contact me through email, a.kayrogers@gmail.com or drop me a private message!

Best of Luck to you all in your writing endeavours!

Rosalyn

JayD
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Ooh, zombies!

If you haven't found another beta reader yet, I'd be interested in taking a crack at it. I'll send you an email with some more info.

JayD

lizzyj1991
01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
What's the difference between High Fantasy and Urban Fantasy?

LawlessLara
01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
hey i dropped you an email

Rowan
01-29-2011, 02:39 AM
What's the difference between High Fantasy and Urban Fantasy?

Short definition:
High fantasy - Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"
Urban fantasy - Laurell K. Hamilton, "Guilty Pleasures"

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/334159/overview_of_fantasy_fiction_genres.html?cat=38

High or Epic Fantasy Genre

The high or epic fantasy genre is probably the most recognized by the general public. In high or epic fantasy, knights go on quests, fair maidens need rescuing, and the general theme is usually Good vs. Evil. This fantasy genre is set in a pseudo-medieval world of kings and queens. It often has powerful wizards, bands of adventurers, and multiple quests to undertake. The stories scopes are large and vast, and often spread out over several books in a series.

Urban or Contemporary Fantasy Genre

Urban or contemporary fantasy differ only in that urban fantasy is set in a city and is sometimes darker in nature than contemporary. Harry Potter (http://www.associatedcontent.com/theme/1283/harry_potter_mania_contest_winners.html) is an example of contemporary fantasy. These fantasy genres combine magical beings or spells with modern society.