PDA

View Full Version : Free Short Story Contest with Cash and Gift Certificate Prizes ($85 - $25)

CWC
01-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Hello AWers. : ) After reviewing the forum rules this seems like the right place to post this notice, but this is my first post here so if I've made any mistakes I apologize.

Anyway, about the contest! Creative Writers' Circle is a website that's dedicated to inspiring and rewarding creative writers. We do this by providing writing prompts on our website and holding contests to find the best prompt-based short stories. Entry is free, open to anyone and we offer great prizes to the winners. Our current contest has prizes for first through third place that amount to $160 total in cash and gift certificates. We often have great sponsors for our contests, and this contest's sponsor is a company called Serenity Sales. Serenity Sales specializes in retro mystery-novel dust jacket art prints and items, and the winners can use their Serenity Sales gift certificates to purchase such items from their store - they're really cool!

So if you'd like a fun challenge to get your creative juices flowing and to compete for some cash and prizes while you're at it, go ahead and check out the prompt on our website and get writing!

Prompt, rules, entry and prize details at: www.creativewriterscircle.com (http://www.creativewriterscircle.com)

Entry Deadline: February 28th, 2011 - Midnight

Word Limit: 3,500

Please note: Entry is free and open to anyone. You don't have to sign up for anything, buy anything or do anything to enter the contest other than e-mail us your entry. Please make sure that you read and follow the rules (available on our website) before submitting because there is certain content that we cannot accept. Winning entries only ARE posted on our website, however, the writer retains all rights to their story.

Want to know what we're looking for in a story? Quality writing, a compelling story line and minimal to no spelling and grammatical errors. Check out the past winners' stories for some examples of fabulous writing that we really enjoyed.

www.creativewriterscircle.com (http://www.creativewriterscircle.com)

georgeknoechel
01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Sounds enticing. Thanks for sharing.

CWC
01-25-2011, 08:18 PM
No problem - hope to see your entry! : )