Grrrrrrrrr! (Amazon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really annoyed with Amazon at the moment!
I have just read a book, loved it, and bought the sequel - and it still hasn't arrived :rant:
They sent me an email to say it had been sent, but no sign of it yet, and it's been ages after I should have received it. Do you know what i mean, when you've read a book and you need to know what happens to the characters in the sequel/follow their adventures etc?

I've read all the interesting books at home and in the school library and I go mad if I've not got a book on the go - I've even resorted to my mum's "cosy village until a new female city doctor arrives, meets handsome landowner and hot ex boyfriend who she's forgotten why she split up with, can't choose between the two, but it doesn't matter because someone's just been murdered with knitting needles and it's the village show etc etc" romance books (see how desperate I am??).

Sorry, had to get that off my chest :flag:
Has anyone else had the same experience and ended up with no decent books to read and a growing dislike of Amazon (damn you, cheap books website!)?

And now you probably all think I've gone crazy..... :tongue

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you tracked it to see where it is now? It might not be Amazon's fault; at least not directly. Here in the US, UPS will sometimes fly something all over the country before delivering it.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I got a Kindle for Christmas. Read a book with a cliffhanger, then ordered the next in the series and had it in seconds.

Sometimes, modern technology rules.

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
because it's not Amazon itself selling it, but one of their secondary sellers (i don't know what they're called), and it won't let me track it (I'm in the UK)
worth a try, eh?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
because it's not Amazon itself selling it, but one of their secondary sellers (i don't know what they're called), and it won't let me track it (I'm in the UK)
worth a try, eh?
If it truly is way overdue, then you might want to contact the seller. If that doesn't work, contact Amazon.

whimsical rabbit

Bunned
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat. I've ordered a book before Christmas (not from amazon), contacted the seller ten days ago, they said it should be with me within a week, and still nothing.

I suppose it got lost in the post. Luckily, this doesn't happen very often.

Waiting to hear from seller now. I suppose they're investigating. :(

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I am still getting Crimbo cards that were posted in December!

But I'd contact Amazon and tell them it has not arrived. They'll probably send you another one. They offered to send me a replacement for some books that were way over due - the parcel arrived the day they made the offer.

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
I got a Kindle for Christmas. Read a book with a cliffhanger, then ordered the next in the series and had it in seconds.

Sometimes, modern technology rules.

This.

Get a Kindle. Seriously. It sounds like you're an avid reader--it would be a worthwhile purchase.

Yes, I'm proselytizing. I just love mine so much.

Zeusmiester

Registered
Reaction score
bought my daughter an ereader for christmas and discovered what amazing things they really are..
but if you don't have access to something like that.. instead of amazon,,, i use borders.
Zeus

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I've even resorted to my mum's "cosy village until a new female city doctor arrives, meets handsome landowner and hot ex boyfriend who she's forgotten why she split up with, can't choose between the two, but it doesn't matter because someone's just been murdered with knitting needles and it's the village show etc etc" romance books (see how desperate I am??).

Yeesh! You are in a bad way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.