Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I'd like someone to check over a scene in my novel in which a small plane (Dakota) crashes over a South American rainforest. Any aviation experts out there?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a few years but I've flown small aircraft; never a Dakota however. And I assume you're talking about a Piper Dakota, not the old Douglas Dakota.

I'd be happy to read over the scene (you can send it by PM or e-mail). If for any reason it looks like something beyond my experience, I can get a friend of mine to read it. He's a commercial pilot who has flown for twenty years.

ac

rbflynn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robbflynn.com
My dad's been a pilot for over 30 years. He isn't a writer, but reads anything that has planes in it. If you are looking for basic technical feedback, I can hand it to him and he can likely provide some. Actual feedback on writing technique, however, may be a bit of a stretch since he still says "booshes" (bushes), "warsh" (wash), and "soufmore" (sophomore). (yah... he's a good ol' boy from Next-To-Nowhere, IL, population 110) :)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
That was quick! Thanks to all of you, and I've sent you all the excerpt. My version is very simple; it would be nice if I could add some technical detail;, not enough to bore people, but enough to make them think I know a bit about flying! :tongue

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My quick review is on the way. I e-mailed it.

ac

Status
Not open for further replies.