Spot the Irony . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyS

Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
Looks like a perfect clip to send to Jay Leno on The Tonight Show. On Monday Night I always watch "Headlines" .... sometimes they really are funny.

I love watching this... shwebb should send it in.
:Clap:

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see several dangerous situations here. My top 10:

1. She lives right next to a bus stop and a 2-way stop intersection. The carbon monoxide is a death threat.
2. The storm drain manhole by the fire hydrant is cause for alarm. Methane leakage is a health hazard.
3. The proximity of underground storm and sewage drains so close to the domestic water supply makes me suspect some biological intrusion is at play here. That could cause belly swells.
4. The high-tension power lines are right next to her residence. The RF’s generated by these transmission lines are long suspected of a root cause of modern leukemia.
5. She has an outsie. definately a sign of excess coughing due to the exhaust fumes.
6. There is evidence that the creosol poles holding up the utility lines cause cancer.
7. Her boobs are sinking so low they are causing her stomach to bloat. This is the result of excess gravity due to the unnatural tilt of the earth. More evidence that concrete walls in front of your house is a bad idea. This is the President’s fault!
8. Her “Support Our Troops” gel band is on her left wrist. She is a lesbian.
9. She has 2 lobe and 3 cartilage holes in her ear and no jewelry. She pawns.
10. And last, but omg certainly not least, I suspect that there is a truly sick perpetrator out there obviously with no conscience, having sex with terribly ugly lesbian women!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
rtilryarms said:
I see several dangerous situations here. My top 10:

10. And last, but omg certainly not least, I suspect that there is a truly sick perpetrator out there obviously with no conscience, having sex with terribly ugly lesbian women!

<coffee spew>

Another keyboard destroyed thanks to AW :ROFL:

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
KTC said:
I just think it's disgusting and revolting for anyone to smoke...but most especially for a pregnant woman (or mother) to smoke. She shouldn't be allowed to have children. How stupid can one person get? She is killing that baby herself...the jackhammers are probably making the fetus happy to learn that there will be life outside the smoking oven it is now stuck in!

First, I have never smoked in my life (never even held a cigarrette to my lips) and I do think it is a disgusting and expensive habit but I don't agree with you about her not being allowed to have children.

As a nurse, I know it is not a wise decision, but that does not mean she can not be a good mother. Nicotine addiction is hard to kick and there are a lot of fine mothers out there (some even on this board) who have the problem.

How do we know it is a cigarrette for sure? What if she's an AW addict or a student taking a break and holding a pencil in her hand? (ok, unlikely)

I don't condone smoking but I also don't believe that smokers make terrible parents. I mean, she is OUTSIDE smoking. Maybe she does not allow smoking inside the house. Of course, she'd be smarter to wait till the baby is born.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up around smokers and am still around them frequently. As much as I love my mother-in-law, I hate going to their house because after spending fifteen minutes there, I feel and smell like I've been rolling in an ashtray. But I also know how terribly hard it must be to quit--from a physical and psychological standpoint.

The real thing that gets me about this picture is this: sure, she smokes, but why oh why did she have to while she was getting this picture taken?! :Shrug:

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hon, I'm 37. And 8 months pregnant w/ my third child. Of course, this one was a little, shall we say, an unexpected gift? My fertility didn't kick into gear until I was 33, actually. If I'd been able to choose when, I'd have been well and done by now!

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I might add here that during my 19-21 years I smoked! I was trying to come off a drug addiction actually...and I found that smoking helped.

In this case, I might actually say that smoking ain't so bad, even though I'm very much against it...

I was just shocked to see a woman smoking and complaining about something else effecting her unborn child!

Me, too.

Both my parents smoked when I was growing up. They have since quit, but I'm left with athsma for life. But I'm still glad I was born. :)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I think it is in a lot of places, KTC. But unfortunately not all...

Anyhow, my dad quit when the doctor told him he had two choices: he could quit or die. (He had pneumonia at the time.) He quit, and my mom quit at the same time. But my bro and his wife live with them, and they both smoke like chimneys...

Sigh. I can see my bro in a few years, being given the same choice as my dad.

It's so sad. My ex is a teacher of grades 6, 7 & 8. In his first year, he had a student who had been smoking since he was 9. The kid is now 18, and he has lung cancer. Sigh...

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
OMG that is the funniest picture...I must say I had a woman tell me she could never give her baby up for adoption but in the same breath, asked if she could still get an abortion. (at 6 months along) Some people....(I'm a Labor nurse among other things)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I must say I had a woman tell me she could never give her baby up for adoption but in the same breath, asked if she could still get an abortion.

Ouch!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I was a 2 pack per day smoker until I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I was so excited that I stopped smoking immediately! It has been 13 years since then.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
You have recently discovered a certain truth with which you are not pleased. Wanna talk in private?

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I am not offended, just concerned.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I am not offended, just concerned.

Gehenna, I think he's finding his truth in bottles tonight... :)

Happy Thanksgiving, Kevin, from one Canuck to another!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Hey KTC, I hope I didn't come across as too critical. And Happy Thanksgiving to you. And congratulations on kicking a bad habit.

As to the "eggs" -- You actually just never know. I had my first child at age 24 (and though I had never once drank alcohol or smoked anything) my daughter was born developmentally disabled. I had my second daughter at age 32 and last daughter at 34 and both are as smart as can be (4.0 kids) so go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.