Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I know I haven't given any updates in a few days, but I want you to know there's a lot going on behind the scenes.

I've filled out an "application" with the Red Cross so they can sort-of background check me and make sure I'm no con artist.

I've sent a bunch of questions to Lulu and am waiting for responses.

Richard has designed a fantastic site prototype.

Good Word (Lisa) has done the copy-editing; I'm going over that now. In doing so, she made some strong suggestions about a couple of things that need to be added/changed overall, and they were things that had been bugging me, too, so I'm soliciting a few more essays right now from people with different religious and ethnic backgrounds. I'm also making some changes to the order of the pieces.

I'm still adding in bios and little things.

A number of people you haven't "met" here have written to offer publicity help.

One small alteration has been made to the front cover, and Danny has given me final versions of both the front and back cover now (looks great!).

I appreciate the breathing room. We're going to move to the proofreading stage soon, and you'll have an opportunity to check your final piece before it's printed, just to make sure we didn't make any changes you hate.

Someone from Lulu has offered to help us with the formatting (there are some tricky parts, like proper page numbering and table of contents).

I'll check back when I have more to report.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
AND I forgot to mention that Charlie and Sharlene have finished (I think?) the poster and a bookmark!

P.S. You're quite welcome, though others have had harder jobs than I did this week!

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Wow, sounds great. Thanks Jenna and everyone else that is working hard to put this together! It's much appreciated. :)

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, I know this whole thing means so much to you and has been a long haul. It is so well appreciated that you and all of the others are committed to bringing Stories of Strength to it's greatest potential. You guys are professionals, and it's good knowing that you all care about every little detail. This kind of dedication is what will make Stories of Strength a huge success. And as your idea came to light about a month ago, it will surely shine on forever, in so many ways. So thanks to all of you for what you are doing.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
AND I forgot to mention that Charlie and Sharlene have finished (I think?) the poster and a bookmark!
Yes, we sent Jenna a proof of a bookmark, sort of a little extra, and she seemed to like it. (thanks, Jenna!)

Sharlene is on her days off, so yesterday I made a few copyediting fixes myself that Jenna requested on the poster and replaced the low-res cover image with the hi-res one. I printed out a proof and I think it looks quite nice. If y'all can hang in over this long weekend, I'll sit down with Sharlene on Tuesday morning and make sure I didn't mess up her work before rendering a small enough image of it to post here for you to have a squizz at.

Now that I have a couple of days off from the day job, I'll be working on a logo design that folks can add to their business cards, etc. Stay tuned for an update on that.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:kiss: to all of you.

Judy Gruen is going to be joining us... you may recognize her name from her humor columns or her two books, Till We Eat Again and Carpool Tunnel Syndrome. A terrific writer.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoo hoo! Welcome, Judy!

And ... we have an SoS logo:

Attachments

• SoSlogo1.gif
    SoSlogo1.gif
    10 KB · Views: 106

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Chunky that is really truly absolutely wonderfully sensationally astoundingly brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And even THAT can't express it properly or with any justice to its quality.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love, love, love the logo. Enough to post my love, even though I don't usually post a comment that should be obvious or to second a post already stated. But

I LOVE it!

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, thank you all for your positive reactions. That truly makes me feel wonderful.

I don't see why you can't plunk it on your websites if you want. As a logo, it will serve as the official visual identifying mark of the anthology. That particular file is a 10K GIF file with a transparent background, so the background colours on your pages, or a business card, etc. will show through.

Keep in mind when planning what you want to do with your sites that Dawno is still working on buttons, animated ones, I might add. She has told me what she has in mind and I think they'll be fabulous.

Thanks again for the kudos, have a good night everyone!

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
ChunkyC said:
I don't see why you can't plunk it on your websites if you want. As a logo, it will serve as the official visual identifying mark of the anthology. That particular file is a 10K GIF file with a transparent background, so the background colours on your pages, or a business card, etc. will show through...

It didn't work for me. I tried and it came up with a black background (my web background is kind of yellow) But then again, I just did a copy/paste thing. Is there another way to get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.