Pencils...

Pencils?

• Total voters

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I start with something soft, then switch to something harder . . . harder, harder, harder!

Okay, okay, for sketching, a soft pencil. I don't use a pencil much for writing, for that I prefer a pen.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You do not have an option for Zebra pens only. Fine point. Black ink. No gel. Retractable.

I find this poll disturbing.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I prefer jumbo-size kindergarten pencils. They fit my hand nicely, and I like the extra-large eraser on top. After I write with 'em, I always drink a small carton of chocolate milk and take a nap on the carpet.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I have a prejudice against pencils because I'm left handed and spent my whole childhood erasing smears from where my pinkie would travel across the page.

I also don't use gel ink because it doesn't dry quickly enough. I'm a Bic Stick girl.

But it's why I learned to type fast, I think. Now it's easier to type than write anything longer than a post-it note. ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I only use pencils to poke people like quickWit in the eye.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You forgot the 'I don't care as long as a) I can find it and b) the lead isn't broken' option.

I swear by all that's holy, the pens and pencils in his house actively hide from me.

This is what happens when you have children. I try to remember to occasionally pick my children up by their ankles and shake them. You'd be amazed at the stuff that falls out.

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't use pens or pencils much anymore. My handwriting's nearly illegible these days because I've spent so much time typing.

Not, mind you, that my penmanship was ever fantastic. :)

But when I do grab a pen, I prefer the larger-barrel G2 gel-ink variety, usually with a fine tip. And I strongly dislike blue ink for some reason.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
You forgot the 'I don't care as long as a) I can find it and b) the lead isn't broken' option.

I swear by all that's holy, the pens and pencils in his house actively hide from me.

This would be my vote.

One of my favorite Christmas presents this year was from my Ms. Girl - she gave me a pencil box full of freshly sharpened pencils and erasers.

Apparently my griping about not being able to find a usuable pencil didn't fall on deaf ears after all.

:D

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
This is what happens when you have children. I try to remember to occasionally pick my children up by their ankles and shake them. You'd be amazed at the stuff that falls out.

I'm thinking that won't work so well on the 12-year-old who is both taller and stronger than I am...

Deleted member 42

When I'm not using a key board or fountain pen, I use mechanical pencils.

I favor the Pilot Dr. Grip Limited 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil, Platinum Metallic Barrel, 36173 for use at home/office, and the small and suitable for a pocket Zebra #2 Mechanical Pencil 0.7mm Black; you can get 25 or so for under 10.00.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I have a prejudice against pencils because I'm left handed and spent my whole childhood erasing smears from where my pinkie would travel across the page.

Y'know, when I first went to school and they were teaching us how to write, this is precisely why I wound up being right handed.

I actually started out comfortable with either hand. I would switch regularly trying to decide which hand I was more natural with. Eventually the smudging of my writing when using my left made me settle on being right-handed.

I'm still a little annoyed that my teacher kept pushing me to pick a hand though. At this point in my life, I'd be thrilled to still be ambidextrous. Heaven knows my musical skills would be a bit better and more natural!

I'm still ambidextrous with some things, just not all. I can't write with my left hand anymore, for instance, nor can I use a knife with my left hand (for cutting food, etc.).

So sad.

1000th Sun

Registered
Reaction score
I use pens but I don't mind #2 lead pencils for anything not writing related... Anyway that is the only pencil I've used to some big extent. I wasn't privileged enough to have a lead one. :p