One of my students told me this today...

ebennet68

Avoids editing by procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
I teach first grade and one of my students says to me today, "When I grow up, I want to be a writer." What is this world coming to? :)

Seriously though, was incredibly happy that I'm able to instill a love for writing into my class. It's their favorite subject!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in first grade my favorite subjects were lunch and recess. Still are, pretty much. ;)

lulzy

thinking
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in first grade, I think my favorite subject was either Reading or Math (I know, I know). But obviously, things change.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
MUCH better than the little girl who told her mother when she grew up she wanted to be a hooker.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember going around telling everyone that I wanted to be an arthur when I grew up. Luckily, my parents picked up on context clues and understood that I wasn't suggesting a sex change.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Arthur ----->
arthur-hefty-zoopals.jpg

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
When she was eight, my niece told me she wanted to be a footballer's wife. My eyebrows went into my hair and all I could say was 'scuse me?!' She looked at my face and said, 'ok, I'll be an astronaut.'

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I teach first grade and one of my students says to me today, "When I grow up, I want to be a writer." What is this world coming to? :)

Seriously though, was incredibly happy that I'm able to instill a love for writing into my class. It's their favorite subject!

That is very cool, indeed. I loved English and I loved the writing exercises back in school. I think my love for reading and writing started young as well but it took me much longer to become truly aware of it. First graders are fickle and "writer" may turn into "race car driver" by tomorrow but I hope that some of them stick with the interest as they grow up. At the very least, you've planted the seed. :)

When she was eight, my niece told me she wanted to be a footballer's wife. My eyebrows went into my hair and all I could say was 'scuse me?!' She looked at my face and said, 'ok, I'll be an astronaut.'

Hmmm....soccer wife, or astronaut. Astronaut, definitely.