• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for UF novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm in the market for a beta reader for my 125k word urban fantasy ms. I'm looking for someone who can really rip this thing apart and not be worried about my feelings. If interested, send me a pm.

Thanks.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
What's it about?

Probably should have mentioned that in the previous post, huh?

The central characters are members of the Knight family, the mc being the oldest son, Jared. He's a normal human and so is his brother. They have no knowledge of the supernatural world. The women in his family practice magic and have kept it a secret from them. They have a strict "boys allowed policy".

Paul, a vampire and ancestor to Jared and his brother and sister, shows up one day and asks Jared to become the successor to his clan. He doesn't wanna do it because he's kind of fat and lazy, with no interest in adventuring or having any responsibility. His little brother jumps at the chance and leaves with Paul, making Jared the only true normal human left in the family.

Paul has enemies (of course, wouldn't be much of a book if he didn't), one of them being the Testpes Clan. Dimitri Testpes sends his only daughter, Anna, to spy on the family. She ends up saving Jared from an assassin and they begin to develop feelings for one another. But instead of telling the truth, she lies about who she is and claims to work for Paul.

I don't wanna give away everything but that's the first couple of chapters in a nutshell. A very small nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.