PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to beta-read my novel? (Literary/Contemporary, 89k words)

perfectisafault
01-11-2011, 03:50 AM
Here's the cleaned up query that basically gives a good idea of what the book is about:

When four girls befriend each other on their first day of high school, none of them know that the terror and political violence of 1970s Argentina will tear them apart.

Julia wants to be the next Che Guevara and despises her cushy, bourgeois life. But when she joins a Marxist guerrilla army straight out of high school, she’s confronted with the brutal reality of a war tilted heavily in her disfavor.

Irene wants to be like her older brother and lead a lifestyle of university studies and political activism. So she spurns her upper-class upbringing by marrying her boyfriend, one of her brother’s best friends, behind her parents’ backs. But just as she’s settling into domestic life, the military kidnaps them both.

Liliana wants to be Argentina’s next greatest investigative reporter. So she starts her own underground newspaper that frequently castigates the junta for its human rights violations and societal repression. But when she’s captured by security forces in a sting disguised as an interview, she joins the ranks of the very disappeared she’s written about.

Apolitical Victoria would rather spend an entire day reading than protesting. But when she’s all that’s left of her group of friends, she’s confronted with the realization that the political is indeed personal.

If you're at all interested, PM me here :)

leahzero
01-11-2011, 04:56 AM
Here's the cleaned up query that basically gives a good idea of what the book is about:

When four girls befriend each other on their first day of high school, neither of them knows that the terror and political violence of 1970s Argentina will tear them apart.

"Neither" signifies two.

KentWatson
07-27-2011, 03:22 AM
I like the premise and your genre is nothing like my manuscript's genre. Do you still need a beta for a swap?