Big Brother wuz watching me!

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a traffic ticket in today's mail, telling me that a super-top-secret hidden camera caught me running the light while making a left turn at an intersection. I remembered this incident, and thought that I beat the yellow arrow by a fraction of a second. But then I watched the online video and yes, indeed -- I ran the red arrow by a fraction of a second.

Guilty as charged! :e2smack:

The only consolation is that the still photo that came with the ticket, provided as rock-solid evidence of my traffic violation, is a lot better than my incredibly goofy-looking driver's license photo. Wish I could make some kind of trade, maybe I'll ask the DMV to set something up...

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
There's a certain camera at a certain intersection that has nabbed three of my friends for coming to a complete stop and making a right on yellow a second before it hits red. There is no sign that says you can't turn right on red, either.

It's all a ridiculous money making scheme. I now sit at this light until it turns green, regardless of all the honking behind me. These extortionists aren't getting my money.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
There's a certain camera at a certain intersection that has nabbed three of my friends for coming to a complete stop and making a right on yellow a second before it hits red. There is no sign that says you can't turn right on red, either.

It's all a ridiculous money making scheme. I now sit at this light until it turns green, regardless of all the honking behind me. These extortionists aren't getting my money.

It's Big Brutha, lemme tell ya.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The cameras are being removed here because they've not added any revenue to the city.

It happened in Riverside. I drove there a couple days after Christmas to visit a relative who couldn't attend the family holiday bash. Funny thing is, I've always hated Riverside -- for many reasons, but mostly because it's where I met my college girlfriend Suzanne aka Runaround Sue aka The Devil's Daughter aka Spawn of Satan.

Riverside sucks! :rant:

MissMacchiato

Bring on the Sweet, Sweet Coffee
Registered
Reaction score
ugh, I hear you!

there is one in Sydney that's a real scam - it's a stretch of about 50 or so meters. It goes from 70 km to 50 for no apparent reason. It is signposted but the sign is just as you turn a corner at a tricky intersection so no one pays any attention to it. It's always about revenue.

It's the worst!

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
It happened in Riverside. I drove there a couple days after Christmas to visit a relative who couldn't attend the family holiday bash. Funny thing is, I've always hated Riverside -- for many reasons, but mostly because it's where I met my college girlfriend Suzanne aka Runaround Sue aka The Devil's Daughter aka Spawn of Satan.

Riverside sucks! :rant:

The county or the city. :p

(temecula here)

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry! That sucks.

We did have an area of downtown where I noticed that the lights were timed horribly. When your light turns red, the other direction's lights turn green at exactly the same time. They finally changed that, but only after a ton of wrecks, a good friend of mine included (she's fine, car totalled, she ran the late yellow and got hit by the fast green-lighter).

So I dunno about these cameras. They would have been great there, but I can think of tons of places where they are a bit overboard.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
The county or the city. :p

(temecula here)

It happened in the city of Riverside, near the airport.

Only been to Temecula a couple times, but I really liked it. :Thumbs:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry! That sucks.

We did have an area of downtown where I noticed that the lights were timed horribly. When your light turns red, the other direction's lights turn green at exactly the same time. They finally changed that, but only after a ton of wrecks, a good friend of mine included (she's fine, car totalled, she ran the late yellow and got hit by the fast green-lighter).

So I dunno about these cameras. They would have been great there, but I can think of tons of places where they are a bit overboard.

The whole experience is a good "wake-up call" for me (can't have too many reminders to be a safe driver, in my opinion) and I'll probably just need to enroll in an online traffic school course as a penalty, but still... :rant:

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Riverside has an airport???

april1.jpg