Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Not a lot to the story yet, just breaking:
DeLay was taken into custody by Travis County deputies, but will be released on $10,000 bail pending appeal.

DeLay pleaded for himself before visiting District Judge Pat Priest.

"I don't feel remorseful for something I don't think I did," DeLay told the judge.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Chris, I never thought he'd actually get any jail time, either. And it remains to be seen whether or not he actually serves any of it, during his appeal process.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
It's more than a little ironic that, as a consequence of the weekend's tragedy, we are having a debate about the vitriolic tenor of political discourse in this country, and two days later one of the major political figures responsible for fueling that vitriol is sentenced to jail for his fine work.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Chris, I never thought he'd actually get any jail time, either. And it remains to be seen whether or not he actually serves any of it, during his appeal process.

I think even thirty days in county (so to speak) would be something of a revelation, but here's hoping he serves all three years.

Torrance

Registered
Reaction score
I am very happy to hear that this cat is going to do some time (although the weasel is appealing). He's going to be a real hit with nicknames like "Hottub Tom" and... "The Hammer". :D

MarkEsq

Clever title pending.
Registered
Reaction score
In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasi
I think even thirty days in county (so to speak) would be something of a revelation, but here's hoping he serves all three years.

Fingers crossed. Nothing much to add, except to say this happened at my place of work and my fine colleagues are the ones who secured the conviction and sentence. They were grinning yesterday. :)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. Nothing much to add, except to say this happened at my place of work and my fine colleagues are the ones who secured the conviction and sentence. They were grinning yesterday. :)

Give 'em a "Well done!" thump on the back from us. I'm grinning, too, lol.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if he can bring his own golf clubs or has to use prison issued