Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiona

The Banishing, Released March 2011
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fionasfiction.wordpress.com
Please forgive me if this thread highlights my ignorance because I am new to the world of e-books and digital downloads etc.

Basically, I found out yesterday that my book will be available on iTunes as well as sold on Amazon for Kindle etc...

I didn't know iTunes sold books? Is this a new thing?

I am really pleased my book will be sold there: I think it's great if this is another way for writers to reach an audience.

How does it work? Do people read the files on their iPods? iPods are tiny!

Sorry if this makes me look insane - I am clueless with all the modern ways of life!

Deleted member 42

Your publisher was confused; your books will be on iBooks, but one of the tools Publisher's use has iTunes given as part of its name in some of the docs, so it's a common mistake.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
There are definitely times iTunes calls audiobooks "books" when you search for one, but I would guess that iTunes would sell e-books for the iPad

ETA: Or I could be wrong ;)

jmarkbyrnes

Nobody and Nothin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jmarkbyrnes.com
iBooks is an app for the iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch that can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store --> Link. Once you download the app you can browse for ebooks that you can then download and read. So, in a way they are downloaded from iTunes, just in a roundabout way. Hope this helps.

-papaholmz

Status
Not open for further replies.