• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Writing Buddy/Critter to help me tackle an SFF adventure epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechalolipop

Registered
Reaction score
I used to think I wrote slow.

Then I came back to Absolute Write and found out how quickly many of you can blow through a 50-70,000 word first draft. A few months? Whuuuut?! Be that as it may, it only means that it is 1) very humanly possible and therefore 2) possible for me to pull off.

As of the moment, all I've got is 7,000ish words. It also took me two years to get to this point. Bad. Bad. I need a motivator, but also someone who can tell me if I'm at least on the right track.

The story:

Rune Romantic
Humanity did not originate on Earth. Earth is a sprawling continuation from the remnants of a crashed expedition sent by the other side of the universe.

Though still more developed than Earth, turmoil and infighting have magically and technologically set back the people of the Giines. The year reaches 51529 in the Unified Calendar (matching Earth's 20XX AD) and they continue to preoccupy themselves with their own squabbles, ignoring the "underdeveloped" Earth. But an imbalance of power threatens to take the peoples from political posturing and occasional skirmish to another full blown war. Far developed historic relics scatter the Giines, and with the rise in conflict, the most coveted of these are again the Metal Deities, piloted mechanized weapons with a life and will of their own.

When the kingdom of Relia barely survives a brutal invasion, Almond Leitif, a mysterious freeter of the elflike Dridtians, and the telekinetic Ron "Rune" Glismdoc, a criminal exile, are deputized as agents of the crown to investigate who is responsible for the attack. Circumstances make them keepers of their own Metal Deities, in an adventure which will call them to save Relia, the Giines, and even Glismdoc's unsuspecting, faraway home of Earth. All the while discovering one another and themselves.

I warn you right now that there's a heavy anime influence in this work. If that's what you like, feel free to step on forward! If not... well PM me anyway, if what I present you with still piques your interest, now I know I'm on to something great.

GhostFreak

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

This sounds interesting. But just to be clear- what exactly are you searching for? A writer, someone who will critique your work, an editor?

I'm an anime fan myself and this may spark my interest if you're willing to divulge some details on what exactly you're looking for.

Otherwise the plot summary seems interesting. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.