Russian Consuls and Friends

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
This is gonna be the weirdest series of question I've asked like ever, but does it make sense for a Russian consul to be friends with someone who isn't in that kind of embassy/diplomatic community?

I mean, are they so rich and powerful that an upper middle class family say, or just a middle class family probably wouldn't have ties to them?

What kind of job could a friend of, say a Russian consul have without being in the diplomatic community? That would still make it believable that they are friends?

And are consuls really all that rich?

Bonus: If you were going to frame someone's death by car crash (like strangle them in their car but pretend it was a car crash), where would you do it? It'd obviously have to be an enclosed place, but how would you fake the car crash? Put a shoe on the gas accelerate? If

Last edited:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
How close of a friend do you need? Unless someone is unusually snooty (and some folks are!), an upper-middle class person could be friends with a high-class person through hobbies or interests. Happens all the time :)

A bizarre but true one could be a hardy fruit hybridizer, or the same for roses. I knew an upper-middle class girl who arranged the buying and selling of horses who knew a ton of incredibly well-to-do folks. That could be a friendship, I'm sure.

A violinst? You get the idea :)

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
Was this Consul born that way, or might he have grown up and had friends as a kid who may have in fact remained friends?

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Consuls do fine financially but they're hardly wealthy elites. I know a few peripherally, the ones I know generally hang around with university types but that's probably because they're married to university types.