Shoppybag Scam?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Yesterday I received two mails saying that "****** (person from my gmail account) has tagged a photo of you in Shoppybag", with a link, and so did my son.. If you go to the link you have to sign in, but I didn't. I wrote to the people asking them if they'd really linked me, and they hadn't; but one of them had received similar mails. She actually signed into the site and there was no photo there, byt the site had all kinds of personal details, such as birthdates. This kind of stuff gives me the creeps. I googled shoppybag and a couple of other people have complained but nobody seems to know who or what is behind it and what's going on. Anyone know more?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't sign up, and don't click links in e-mail unless you're sure of who sent it to you.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Don't sign up, and don't click links in e-mail unless you're sure of who sent it to you.

Yeah, I wouldn't have clicked the link (I always immediately mark and delete spam) but the fact that my friend's name (full name) was in the subject line made me not want to "ignore" her.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk

Always be cynical on the Internet. Otherwise the Prince of Nigeria will steal your bank account details. True story.

Weirdly enough, my son's best friend is a real-life (sort of) Prince of Nigeria; they've been friends since they were kids at school..