Anyone know about this thing? (Writer's Village)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHUK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writingalchemy.wordpress.com
Sorry if this post is in the wrong place but I couldn't find a section for it.

Has anyone heard of Writer's Village? It's a website with a yearly fee, which includes access to over 300 online writing courses. I just wondered how good the courses are.... I don't expect them to be too razzle-dazzle for that money but if they're good at all, it might be worth looking into. Are they just a bunch of photocopied handouts or are they actually helpful? I just don't want to pay the money and not get any courses.

Some of the courses are quite specific: "Proper Intertwining of Plot and Character" or "Let's Add Emotion" are just two examples.

Thanks.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Never heard of it - which probably doesn't mean much either way. Have you had a look in Share Your Work here? It's a great place to learn.

singsebastian

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay for something you could easily goggle and read for free.
I do have a couple of writing books - that about all I have spent though and these books are good.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Did you do a google search for reviews on Writer's Village? They offer online glasses similar to Writer's Digest courses. I don;'t know the quality of the courses, though.

JHUK

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writingalchemy.wordpress.com
Thanks for the comments so far. Yes, I did do a Google search but didn't find much either pro or con. It's difficult to tell sometimes as some of the people who refer to Writers' Village might be employed by them. Wish there was somewhere to go online and get realistic reviews of writing courses?

I do have lots of books....probably more than I need and some are very good. Actually I need to write instead of reading about writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.