How many are enough?

macandal

Registered
Reaction score
How many queries should one send at one time?

I have sent 5 snail mail queries (out of these I got 1 rejection and 1 request for a partial), 1 on-line query, and one full that my ex-college professor lined up for me. Have I sent too few, too many? Should I send more, wait? Thanks for your help.

:flag:

macandal

Registered
Reaction score
Has this question been answered already? Can someone direct me where I can find the answer? Thanks.

:Thumbs:

KatieAnne

Personal Choice

It's really up to you how much effort you put into trying to get published. There are writers with a goal of 1 query a day, or 5 queries over a week - and there are other writers who aim for at least 5 queries a day. These are different queries not the same one sent to all publishers.

Once you've had a query rejected from one publisher, you need to check your query letter to see if that was partly responsible, if you were lucky enough to get a personal response on the rejection address why it was rejected, and then find a new market to send that query back out there.

If you increase your querying activity, make sure you have a good organizational system in place to help you keep track of where queries are, and where they've been.

Good luck.

Katie-Anne