PDA

View Full Version : Yay! My POD books are selling well!

Trish
01-03-2011, 03:26 AM
Yay. my POD books are selling well, and it's thanks to help and encouragement I received at AW and CC.

Thank you AW, and all the wonderful critters here. Thanks, Michael Broadway, sissybaby, Hedgetrimmer, JudScotKev, Keyboard Hound, jclarkdawe, Limeydawg, slhastings, KittyPride, Lakotagirl, Anthony Matias, Hillary, Zeplin123, Britanimae, JCRockwell, SherryTex, Suzie, Little Red Barn, sheilaJG, Exir, and of course ILSinTezas, (bless her.) (I think I've left some out. Um, sorry if I have.)

And a special thankyou to Angela Ackerman for the great suggestion she made for Star-Crossed Rascals.

If I've left anyone out, sorry. My memory isn't that great.

Have a great year everyone. Absolute Write Rocks!

mbroadway
01-03-2011, 10:16 AM
That's GREAT, Trish. You have to be proud of yourself for everything you've accomplished. You deserve every bit of the success you've achieved. Never, ever stop doing what you love.

Trish
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Hey, Michael. I couldn't have done it without all the help from you guys, and AW. After all, less than four years ago, I didn't even know where commas went, couldn't spell, and had no idea about sentence structure. You all helped me and showed me how to learn. I'll be forever grateful for that, so thanks everyone. Haha. Some of you even laughed at my crappy stories. Well, all except one person, who let me know it was crap, but I won't say who. Teehee.

Haha. I'm wondering how you found this post so quickly. Michael. LOL.

It's so nice knowing that kids all over the world are reading about that darn brickfield, yes, I changed the 'damn' word to darn. And I even drew the darn thing. LOL.

Trish.

regdog
01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-bounce017.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/smiley-happy096.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/poze.gif

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l117/regdog/emoticon-char-038.gif

Phaeal
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Good work and many more sales!

Trish
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Thanks regdog and Phaeal. I hope so too.

MsJudy
01-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Congrats, Trish. But watch out for Molly--she'll spend all the profits on candy and pet food.

Trish
01-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Hi Judy. Haha, I don't have a lot of profit yet, but have sold quite a few books. I spend it all buying other kids books, plus my own to give as presents. LOL.

I haven't published my Molly Gumnut stories yet, but will be in the next few weeks. Star-Crossed Rascals is the original Molly before she rescued animals. They are different characters now, so I changed her name to Pollyweena Grubble. LOL. It has all the original Molly tales that I posted on here, over and over. (The bubblegum, The Brickfield, The tricycle, and The Apron, and with much more. I added the format that you taught me, thanks for that, and I made her suffer a lot before the happy ending.) It's now a chapter book and is available on Barnes and Noble, all with my own illustrations. (I didn't even know I could draw. LOL)

My other book, Velvet Ball and The Broken Fairy, is on Amazon available as a paperback and also an eBook. It's also available as an eBook with Smashwords. Judy, that is the story about the little bald girl who gets bullied at school. I followed your advice and made only one boy and his mates bully her instead of the whole class, though a couple of girls are mean later in the story. However, this story is total fantasy with fairies and different sprites and full of adventure. I'm writing the sequel at the moment.

If anyone would like to win a copy of Velvet, I'm having a competition on my blog at the moment. All you have to do is suggest a unique name for a mean goblin in the comments on my blog. Just click onto my signature to see. It will be running until the end of the month.

An eight-year-old girl from Ohio won a copy last month, and next month I will be giving away a copy of Star-Crossed Rascals.

Thanks for all the help you gave me, Judy. I really appreciate it, and knowing now what a pain I must have been, posting a chapter, then editing it before anyone had a chance to add a critique. Oops, sorry I did that.

Have a great year everyone.

Trish.

Calla Lily
01-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Congrats!

Mystery1
01-04-2011, 04:57 AM
Congratulations, Trish.

Sharon

Rowan
01-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Congrats!! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Trish
01-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the congrats everyone, and good luck to you all.