Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyTheDinosaur

Yep.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
joegreenwriter.wordpress.com
Every time I try to use the "Mark This Forum" read function, I keep getting an error message that says "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid." Is there some way I could fix this, or is it happening to everyone?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you allow all cookies from AW?

Deleted member 42

You've got a damaged or "stale" cookie.

You need to log off AW.

You need to delete AW cookies (make sure you know your log in data first).

Make sure your Web browser is set to accept all AW cookies.

You need to purge your browser cache.

If you are on Windows, be aware that a second cookie is stored for any Favorite or bookmarked sites/pages.

Deleting the Favorite will delete the copy of the cookie.

You need to Quit your browser.

Then log in again.

That will create a new, freshly baked cookie.

Deleted member 42

Does AW use cookies from domains other than absolutewrite.com?

Nope.

There are, I think, three for the forums.

And there's one for the WordPress blog.

The AW forum cookies serve as a token for identifying you, so you don't have to re-enter your login each time, if you have the Remember Me box set, they track your read/not read progress and then send it to the database (so you are up to date on any web browser/computer you in from and don't see things you've already read).

ETA: If you go to a passworded forum, each one of those adds a cookie. There are some other special purpose cookies--but all are clearly labeled.

If you've been a member a long time and not deleted AW cookies, you will have old cookies from previous versions of the forum software, too.

If you want me to go spelunking in a bit and be precise, I will, but I'm on a bit of a deadline at present.

They are also set to automatically self-destroy so if someone hasn't logged in in a while the cookie becomes "stale."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.