PDA

View Full Version : Free Kindle Books

alleycat
01-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I noticed that Amazon had a number of free Kindle books listed this morning by current authors. I don't have a Kindle, but I have Kindle for PC.

I got a book titled Two Rivers by T. Greenwood. I don't really like reading novels on a computer screen, but I'll give this a shot.

thothguard51
01-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Kindle has a lot of free offerings.

I have downloaded about a dozen Edgar Rice Burroughs books on my Kindle for the PC and a few other newer authors.

Like you, I don't really like reading from the PC as it gets to be uncomfortable after a while. But I do enjoy books from my favorite authors from the past and this is a great way to get books no longer in circulation, or just to add to your electronic library...

I have others I am also keeping an eye on, even though I have hard copies, I still want to expand my electronic library...

alleycat
01-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, there are a bunch of old classics and semi-classic for free (I have two dozen or more I've downloaded). These looked like some better, recently published books.

I mostly purchase books for Kindle for reference books. For that, a digital book works fairly well.

Jess Haines
01-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Yep. My first book was free for a few days. I've found a lot of interesting tidbits up for grabs on Amazon, B&N, and even Barnes & Noble. They're there, if you know where to look.

Button
01-04-2011, 01:42 AM
While using the Nook, I have found it harder to find freebies. I borrowed a Nook from someone to peruse and went looking in Barnes and Nobles' shop for books to download for free.

It was hard to find one.

Wayne K
01-04-2011, 01:44 AM
I like reading on the PC these days because I cant see print any more

BenPanced
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM
While using the Nook, I have found it harder to find freebies. I borrowed a Nook from someone to peruse and went looking in Barnes and Nobles' shop for books to download for free.

It was hard to find one.
Really? If you go to B&N's nook page, they have a link for their free offerings.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Free-eBooks/379001668/?cds2Pid=35949&linkid=1664564

Button
01-04-2011, 01:59 AM
Huh. It wasn't in the Nook. :) I should have looked online.