PDA

View Full Version : May I have a mentor please?

PrincessTeacake
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
I'd like to have someone to turn to for advice as I'm trying to get my finished novel published. I've had friends of mine who are sworn to be honest with criticism read and review it for me, including members of its target audience, but I'd ideally like someone who can give me a more professional outlook.

It's no masterpiece, it's a rather fluffy fantasy comedy aimed at tweens, teenagers and young adults. I think younger fans of the 'Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy' style of comedy would like it, and the ones I know certainly seem to enjoy it. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to give it a quick going over? I'd be very grateful.

Thank you!

Karen Junker
12-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi, PrincessTeacake,

Don't be discouraged if you don't get bombarded with responses. Sometimes folks here like to see that you've been around for a while and won't just disappear off the face of the earth before they volunteer to help out. I'd recommend posting some crits in Share Your Work so people can see you and see your crit style, they may be more willing to trade work with you at that point. Of course you have to have 50 posts before you can post your own work in SYW...but hang in there! You can do it!

Good luck,
Karen

Rowan
12-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Hi, PrincessTeacake,

Don't be discouraged if you don't get bombarded with responses. Sometimes folks here like to see that you've been around for a while and won't just disappear off the face of the earth before they volunteer to help out. I'd recommend posting some crits in Share Your Work so people can see you and see your crit style, they may be more willing to trade work with you at that point. Of course you have to have 50 posts before you can post your own work in SYW...but hang in there! You can do it!

Good luck,
Karen

Just popping in to say I second Karen's advice. :)

PrincessTeacake
12-31-2010, 01:55 AM
Thank you both very much. I've actually been a lurker on the site for quite a while, I just tend not to post on forums. Everyone seems so friendly and nice here I'll have fifty posts in no time!