PDA

View Full Version : 4 shows i really wish were given an ending

Overkill
12-30-2010, 08:33 AM
One is SURFACE. I really liked the show and as the series finale ended it left so much open and so much that could have been done. There was n eerie scene that showed huge rail tunnels dug into the earth that presumably reached down into the Mariana Trench. There were loaded monorails going down the tunnels. The possibilities. I miss that one.

One is TRAVELER. The drama about friends accused of blowing up a museum and the only witness a friend of theirs who erased all tracees of himself from their lives. Good drama i enjoyed it and would have loved to see it through to the end.

PERSONS UNKNOWN is another. Most people panned it but i am a sucker for those kind of shows. I was curious where it would have gone and what the program was all about.

FLASHFORWARD is the next to last. Just finished watching it on DVD and really wish it would have been given more time.

Last is JOHN DOE, the story of a guy who knows everything but who or what he is. Good stuff, supposedly he was killed and reincarnated with all the knowledge, save for his own identity. A fun show that deserved a better fate, me thinks.

jmarkbyrnes
12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I totally agree with Surface. My other three would be Invasion, Threshold, and Firefly (yes, yes, I know about the movie Serenity, but I mean a REAL ending). Can you tell I like Sci/Fi?

-papaholmz

Overkill
12-30-2010, 09:01 AM
because as i wrote the original thread i kept thinking about Invasion and Threshold. Loved both of those and would definitely have been up for much more.

Surface might have bothered me the most. I really wanted to know what the actual idea was behind the creation of the creatures and the trench and the monorails and all

Celia Cyanide
12-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Twin Peaks

Liz Kelly
12-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Every show I've ever liked gets canceled on a cliffhanger!

Twin Peaks

Carnivale

Survivors

Deadwood

To name a few.

C.H. Valentino
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Rome.

Did anyone else watch that? I loved it and it just stopped cold.

Also, Dead Like Me - it left one entire character story untold (tho it hinted at it 1000 times).

Gale Haut
12-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Dead Like Me got a movie ending (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5c3rsIsOJs), valentino.

My picks:

Kings
Caprica
Freaks and Geeks
Mr. Rogers

Gale Haut
12-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Ew! I'm changing my Caprica to Pokemon. That cartoon just kept going and going.

Smileycat
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
There are so many, but I agree with your list, definitely.

JimmyB27
12-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I totally agree with Surface. My other three would be Invasion, Threshold, and Firefly (yes, yes, I know about the movie Serenity, but I mean a REAL ending). Can you tell I like Sci/Fi?

-papaholmz
Funny, I was going to cite Firefly as one I wish hadn't ended...

Manuel Royal
12-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Rome.

Did anyone else watch that? I loved it and it just stopped cold.They ran out of history.

Tru Calling was just getting interesting when it was abruptly cancelled.

jmarkbyrnes
12-30-2010, 06:13 PM

That's kind of what I meant. And I think that's what the OP was going after: shows that were prematurely cancelled and we wish weren't.

I think that eventually all shows need to end. Eventually they run out of ideas to keep the show fresh and then the show needs to just be done, but with a proper ending, not an abrupt cliffhanger.

JimmyB27
12-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I think that eventually all shows need to end. Eventually they run out of ideas to keep the show fresh and then the show needs to just be done, but with a proper ending, not an abrupt cliffhanger.
Yeah, though I think Firefly had a pretty good ending in the film - just way too soon.

ETA: Although, just who *is* the Shepherd really? :mad:

childeroland
12-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Angel deserved a better ending (I don't count the comics)

Lost should have had an ending--because that purgatory-in-church BS was not it.

willietheshakes
12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Angel deserved a better ending (I don't count the comics)

To my mind, Angel had the PERFECT ending: the fight goes on. Good gets its ass kicked, and it gets up and fights on. Really, what more do you need to say? (Though the execution WAS rushed -- there should have been more build-up.)

ChaosTitan
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
"The Others." It was a mid-season replacement show about a bunch of people with different psychic powers. The finale had pretty much all of them presumed dead or blown up in a house--and then it didn't get renewed. I'm still annoyed by this particular cliffhanger.

"seaQuest, DSV." No, I don't count the nut-job travesty that was "seaQuest, 2032" as any sort of ending to the season 2 finale (heck, 2032 didn't even get a finale).

And I agree that "Angel's" finale was just about perfect, even though I hated it at the time.

CheekyWench

*whine* meee toooo.
I still love that show.

I wish Journeyman had an ending. (or kept going. I loved that show.)

RosalieStanton
Firefly - Definitely deserved just more

Angel - I don't count the comics, either. That ending was weak.

Tru Calling - Cut off just as the show was beginning to find itself. This still pisses me off.

jmarkbyrnes
12-30-2010, 07:47 PM

I couldn't agree more.

-papaholmz

childeroland
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
To my mind, Angel had the PERFECT ending: the fight goes on. Good gets its ass kicked, and it gets up and fights on. Really, what more do you need to say? (Though the execution WAS rushed -- there should have been more build-up.)

I don't mind the ambiguity--that was one of the things done right--but the entire Circle of the Black Thorn storyline just came out of nowhere. Four or five seasons, and Angel and Co. are just learning about the Circle now?

willietheshakes
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
I don't mind the ambiguity--that was one of the things done right--but the entire Circle of the Black Thorn storyline just came out of nowhere. Four or five seasons, and Angel and Co. are just learning about the Circle now?

The Circle stuff? That's what I was referring to by "rushed", so we're in agreement there.

Zoombie
12-30-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm still pissed off that John Doe ran for a few more seasons than Firefly did.

Yeah, JD was on right after Firefly, and it was always worse.

Lisa_Ahn
12-30-2010, 11:44 PM

-papaholmz

Oh, how I miss Firefly! I just re-watched Serenity a few nights ago, and it definitely leaves room for MORE!

katiemac
12-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Veronica Mars

childeroland
12-31-2010, 08:45 PM
The Circle stuff? That's what I was referring to by "rushed", so we're in agreement there.

Yep. The actual ending shot ("I've always wanted to slay the dragon" or something like that) with all of W&H's monsters coming at the survivors is really epic.

Also agree about Veronica Mars. Ending it with Keith Mars getting shafted (again) and the sex tape stuff (though Logan kicked that guy's ass) always bothered me.

defyalllogic
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
The 4400

Cyia
12-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Last is JOHN DOE, the story of a guy who knows everything but who or what he is. Good stuff, supposedly he was killed and reincarnated with all the knowledge, save for his own identity. A fun show that deserved a better fate, me thinks.

I would have totally agreed with this, had I not read the "ending" summary the writers had planned. -- JD's "mysterious brand" on his hand was nothing but a burn, as he was some poor slob who died when his fishing boat exploded. The "phoenix" group (who was doing double duty as friend and antagonist to him) were actually trying to protect him because they were under the mistaken impression that he was the Messiah. He "knew everything" not because he was reincarnated, but because he died and slipped back into his body at the last second, and apparently all dead people know everything by virtue of being dead. As to how an exploding motor on your average fishing boat landed him naked in the middle of nowhere... there was no explanation for that.

The shows I would have liked to see end were The Pretender (and I do not count those 2 stupid movies, which tried to turn the series paranormal at the 11th hour, and were so bad they didn't bother to make the 3rd one). At the end of the show, he was in a subway tunnel and then there was an explosion.

Firefly, most definitely (I don't count Serenity as an ending for that one, either). The men with blue hands needed explanation, as did Shepherd Book's past. And the slapped together "Oh, she was made into a weapon and went crazy because she knew about the Reavers" reasoning for River was pitiful."

The last one was a show that only aired (IIRC) 4 of the 6 filmed episodes, but I loved it anyway. Drive (which was Nathan Fillion's show after Firefly). It had good pacing and a good cast. I'm not sure why it didn't catch on :(

Overkill
01-01-2011, 01:53 AM
I never heard that about John Doe, and hearing it does not thrill me, at all!

I was all hyped up that he was some reincarnated guy who this group needed for some secret purpose and all that stuff. I remember an episode where they showed some artifact locked away deep in vatican city somewhere and, wow, hearing this news blows me away. I thought JD was some kind of experiment and all that happy stuff. Ugh, indeed.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
01-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Firefly, most definitely (I don't count Serenity as an ending for that one, either). The men with blue hands needed explanation, as did Shepherd Book's past. And the slapped together "Oh, she was made into a weapon and went crazy because she knew about the Reavers" reasoning for River was pitiful."I quite liked the movie, but all of your arguments are certainly valid. With Joss you have to realize that his bad experiences with the networks (especially FOX, whom he keeps going back to like some battered spouse) have driven him to rely heavily on fanatics reading his comics. They spent a good bit of time on Book's past in the comics, I hear.

ETA: And much as people used to scare their children with: "The boogieman'll get you," around our house it is still: "Two-by-two, hands of blue."

dragonjax
01-02-2011, 04:24 AM
Although, just who *is* the Shepherd really? :mad:

Read the graphic novel "The Shepherd's Tale" (http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/17-221/Serenity-The-Shepherd-s-Tale) for the answer.

ChaosTitan
01-02-2011, 04:55 AM
. With Joss you have to realize that his bad experiences with the networks (especially FOX, whom he keeps going back to like some battered spouse)

The decision to do "Dollhouse" with FOX was out of Joss's hands, or I seriously doubt he'd have dealt with them again after "Firefly." Joss and Eliza Dushku wanted to do a series together, but Dushku had a development deal with FOX. In order to work with her, Joss didn't have a choice but to do "Dollhouse" on FOX.

Jstwatchin
01-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Shows I loved which ended abruptly? Pretty much all of them. Firefly, Moonlight, Invasion, FlashForward, Rome. It seems that my taste is not the network's favorite. I like complicated mythology and ongoing storylines which make me think, while the majority of TV watchers want something to dull their minds for an hour, where it doesn't matter whether or not you have watched the previous weeks episode. Not watching anything this year.

And I absolutely agree on the circle of thorn/angel thing.

tarkine
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Firefly should have been given more time. It was fabulous.

Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe
Battlestar Galactica (1978)

DancingMaenid
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I'll second Carnivale (I'd just gotten into the show, too, so the abrupt, cliff-hanger ending was especially disappointing).

Nthing Firefly.

The L Word. Okay, it technically had an ending. But it annoyed the heck out of me. One of the big questions of the season was never answered at all despite being given a big lead up, and a lot of it seemed to be filler. I wasn't even a major fan of the show, but I still felt let-down.

Cyia
01-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Shows I loved which ended abruptly? Pretty much all of them. Firefly, Moonlight, Invasion, FlashForward, Rome. It seems that my taste is not the network's favorite. I like complicated mythology and ongoing storylines which make me think, while the majority of TV watchers want something to dull their minds for an hour, where it doesn't matter whether or not you have watched the previous weeks episode. Not watching anything this year.

And I absolutely agree on the circle of thorn/angel thing.

Ugh. I'd forgotten Invasion. That was the most-evil of cliffies.

AlexPiper
01-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Quantum Leap. There was a final season planned that wrapped up all threads and explained leaping and the Lothos Project and everything, and instead we got that weird 'oops, we were cancelled' finale. :(

And while we're on the subject of interesting time-travel shows... Journeyman.

(And of course, Firefly and all the others. And SGU, which got cancelled right as it was getting really /good/. Grrrr!)

jmarkbyrnes
01-03-2011, 11:43 PM
SGU, which got cancelled right as it was getting really /good/. Grrrr!)

HOLY CRAP!! I didn't realize SGU had been cancelled. This is by far my favorite show in a LONG time and I am highly pissed that it's been cancelled. My one wish is that they don't end it on a cliffhanger.

Also, another show that ended a it early that I loved is Farscape.

-papaholmz

Cyia
01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Quantum Leap. There was a final season planned that wrapped up all threads and explained leaping and the Lothos Project and everything, and instead we got that weird 'oops, we were cancelled' finale. :(

QL goes down on my list of all time hated endings (and I was a little kid when this one canceled - I still remember it) because they'd set-up, too that he had a daughter that was working on a way to get him home and all they gave us was that awful "he never made it home" crawl after the credits.

:rant:

The other, even though it was a "real" ending and not a cliffee, was Forever Knight.

WORST. ENDING. EVER.

To a lighter degree, I think SG-1 blew potentially the best ending to a series ever when they decided to tack on Season 8 and the ones that came after rather than leaving SG-1 with 7 seasons and spinning a new series off when RDA left the cast and the Ori thread started. That "do-over" scene where they were fishing and the fish jumped out of a pond that previously had no fish in it was *perfect*.

AlexPiper
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
HOLY CRAP!! I didn't realize SGU had been cancelled. This is by far my favorite show in a LONG time and I am highly pissed that it's been cancelled. My one wish is that they don't end it on a cliffhanger.

Unfortunately, rumor has it that the remaining episodes still to be aired this year -- written and filmed before the cancellation -- do end on the first half of a typical Stargate season-finale two-parter.

Insert suitable cursing here.

QL goes down on my list of all time hated endings (and I was a little kid when this one canceled - I still remember it) because they'd set-up, too that he had a daughter that was working on a way to get him home and all they gave us was that awful "he never made it home" crawl after the credits.

I sympathize. I was a child when QL ended, but my fury was a tactile presence in the house for a few hours after that final episode. Hearing years later that it was intended as a season finale (minus the post-credits text) and a lead-in to the planned final season soothed my annoyance somewhat.

jamesn65
01-04-2011, 01:08 AM
I was really annoyed when The Riches was pulled inexplicably in the middle of the second season. It was just sort of gone without any resolution.

Kandybar
01-04-2011, 03:09 AM
I agree with you on FlashForward. I watched it when it was on TV - one of the first shows I've followed in years.

Did you hear this? 2000+ birds feel out of the sky dead in Arkansas. Hopefully just a coincidence. >_> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40885546/ns/us_news-weird_news/

JohnnyGottaKeyboard
01-04-2011, 03:54 AM
Did you hear this? 2000+ birds feel out of the sky dead in Arkansas. Hopefully just a coincidence. >_> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40885546/ns/us_news-weird_news/ Dang, I just posted that in another thread!

Psybolt
01-04-2011, 04:00 AM

And I couldn't disagree more. I thought his ending was perfect.

And I would agree with Twin Peaks. The ending of that show was just not what those characters deserved.

RickN
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Surface and Invasion led to my current TV philosophy: I watch no show in it's first season. I've been burned too many time by mid-season cancellations. (mid-season annoys me far more than end-of-season cancellations)

If a show makes it to the end of a season, I'll get the episodes in time to watch season 2.

Lassie
01-06-2011, 05:36 AM
I just enjoyed Carnivale SO much. It's a shame it didn't continue because I could see when and where it was going to end up. But if you ignore the very last scene, you could consider that sort of a proper ending.

charlotte49ers
01-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Jericho.

Even though they came back after the peanut campaign and gave it a pseudo-ending, I wanted more. I *loved* that show!

CheshireCat
01-08-2011, 04:43 AM
Rome.

Did anyone else watch that? I loved it and it just stopped cold.

I thought that if Rome had to end (there was plenty of real history left, and I would have loved to see how they handled Augustus and all the rotten emporors who came after him), then the ending was perfect. In fact, the last line made me laugh, and any "epic" series that ends on a funny note is one I look back on fondly.

So agree. Thought the last scene of Angel was absolutely perfect, but they rushed a bit to get there.

Veronica Mars

Definitely.

Also agree about Threshhold, Invasion, Farscape, Flashforward, Quantum Leap, Firefly of course (Loved the movie. Still.), American Gothic (Shaun Cassidy has a dark and twisted imagination!), and others. Too many others.

Babylon 5 was given an "ending" of sorts, but considering how they were jerked around those last two years not knowing if they'd get that 5th season, maybe not surprising that it felt rushed and unsettled. I don't normally like shows that kill off so many characters I love, but that one ... that one was special. Truly epic.

Besides, nobody really dies in Science Fiction. :D

ajkjd01
01-08-2011, 06:54 AM
The Riches.

I sooooo wanted to see how Eddie Izzard's character got himself out of the very deep hole he'd dug...

Tnonk
01-08-2011, 10:28 AM
I'll have to go with;

Quantum Leap

Jericho

And

Jeremiah

I think they did several episodes for Jeremiah's second season but was never able to see them. I don't really know if they wrapped up the loose ends or not.
Bummer too, cause I loved that show.

Adrian

Cybernaught
01-08-2011, 10:47 AM
The Sopranos - I don't consider that mess an ending.

Brimstone - What a clever show. I was bummed when they cancelled it just when it was getting good.

Aubie
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Does anyone remember the show Reunion? It was on Fox I think in 2006. Every episode was suppose to be a new year, going from like 1986 until present day, and you knew that at their reunion one of them had died and another one of them was the killer. Every episode showed someone else that was alive. We finally got to the episode that said it was Sam who died, and then it was cancelled!

Seriously, this is kind of OCD but I was so livid I actually wrote a letter to Fox! lol

Scylding
01-09-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles. Loved that show.

CheshireCat
01-09-2011, 07:10 AM
I have that on DVD, and planned to watch it that way. Haven't started yet, mostly because I knew the show had been cancelled.

Is the last episode unbearable? Should I just pretend the show didn't exist (the way I do the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies)?

cmi0616
01-09-2011, 07:18 AM
1. Jersey Shore- In the ideal ending, they all die of skin cancer as a result from too much tanning

2. The Real Housewives of (insert city here)- In the perfect world they would lose ALL their money, perhaps contract a terminal illness and actually have REAL problems.

3. All of the vampire shows- The idea is so unoriginal. Don't care how they end, just that they do.

4. The Kardashian's Reality Show- If you are famous for nothing else except your large behinds, you do not deserve a tv show. It's that simple.

Scylding
01-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I have that on DVD, and planned to watch it that way. Haven't started yet, mostly because I knew the show had been cancelled.

Is the last episode unbearable? Should I just pretend the show didn't exist (the way I do the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies)?

__________________No, it's well worth watching. The last episode leaves you with enough that you can logically draw your own conclusions about how things would have ended. It's the sort of thing that could probably be tied up in a two hour movie, and it would be a shame to miss the entire show because it ends with a cliffie.

Wake
01-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Jericho.

Even though they came back after the peanut campaign and gave it a pseudo-ending, I wanted more. I *loved* that show!

I couldn't agree more. It's one of my favorite shows of all time, I just wish it had a better ending.

Also, I think the ending of 24 could have been better, but with the news of the movie I let it slide. Then I heard the script was denied. It better happen.

HKCavalier
01-13-2011, 10:45 PM
I watched my Firefly dvd again not long ago and I'm still shocked that it ran for only 13 episodes. I'd stake just about any one of 'em against the best episodes of any show going.

Serenity was pure fan-service masquerading as Joss's shot at the big time (and masochistic fan-service at that--nobody cared when Wash died except rabid fans of the show--everyone else was just, "What? Who was that guy?"). Joss was too busy trying to pen a blockbuster to remember what the show was really about. And holy mother of hold the phone--who told him the title "Serenity" was gonna sell tickets??? Grrr. Argh.

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest. Carry on.

-HK

Hey, hey, hey, don't be mean. We don't have to be mean, because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

bip
01-13-2011, 11:06 PM
The Riches

Ambri
01-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Okay, so I know this one is a little old, but the one that really drove me nuts, 'cause it was SO obvious that the end of the 3rd season was not supposed to be the end of the series: Dark Angel.

cmi0616
01-14-2011, 07:19 AM
On a more serious note though, Flash Forward was an AWESOME show that never got an ending.

LivingDork
02-02-2011, 04:34 AM
One is SURFACE. I really liked the show and as the series finale ended it left so much open and so much that could have been done. There was n eerie scene that showed huge rail tunnels dug into the earth that presumably reached down into the Mariana Trench. There were loaded monorails going down the tunnels. The possibilities. I miss that one.

You just became my hero. Of course, Invasion was probably #5 and just didn't make your list, right?

Alexia Reed
02-02-2011, 05:20 AM
The Pretender
Dark Angel

For sure.

Overkill
02-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Invasion definitely would be at the number five spot. another great show that left me disappointed when it went off the air

Canotila
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Dude, this is super random but one of my best friends played the bum in the opening scene of the pilot episode. It was really weird seeing him talk with a north american accent (he's from Scotland).

Brisco County Jr. was an awesome one. It had good intelligent humor, and I miss it.

benbradley
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
The Prisoner.

But then it was weird, it DID have an "ending" show but perhaps I didn't understand it. There was a lot I didn't understand about it, but at least it was way different from all the other mundane shows on at the time.

jvc
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep, they cancelled Stargate Universe. And to make matters worse, they will be ending it on a cliffhanger as they filmed it before the show got cancelled.

And to make matters even worse for Stargate fans, the planned SG: Atlantis movie has now been put on hold, indefinitely.

elmoie
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Freaks and Geeks

The Black Donnellys

Also, I can't remember exactly what happened but I was peeved when My So Called Life was cancelled!

Opinionated Ant
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
SGU
Firefly
Invasion
The Unusuals
.... I'm going to stop now *grumble"

rukkus
02-06-2011, 06:35 AM
These shows had endings, but they were utterly terrible.

Deadwood -- because as it stands, was one of the most anti-climactic endings in history. Nearly ruined an awesome show.

Battlestar Galactica -- got lame after season 2, and ended with one of the worst endings in history. Stupid deus ex machina. The first 2 season were great.

Firefly should have never ended. It should still be going today. 9 whole season of awesomeness. And yes, The Shepherd's Tale (comic) was crap. I recommend not reading it. They tried to squeeze an elephant into a size zero dress... not pretty.

Kristiina
02-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Anybody watched Odyssey 5? Not a great one, but I like Peter Weller and it had its moments...

Cliffhanger endings to shows are the main reason why I mostly watch only the monster/killer/mystery/joke/whatever of the week type of shows. Too many of the shows which aim for some long story arc/s may start interesting, then either forget the big question or tangle it with too many leads into something incomprehensible until the series either gets canceled with no answer or ends up cooking something hasty up right at the end when they are told they will be canceled. Which I find quite frustrating. I like answers.

Max Vaehling
02-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Shows that should have got a (better) ending: Drive, Tru Calling, The Lone Gunmen, Life, X-Files. (Well, they at least got a finale, but the big revelation at the end was quite a dsappointment.)

Shows they just shouldn't have ended, period: Firefly, Terriers (although that ending was perfect) and absolutely Veronica Mars.

Torn on Dollhouse. They got a good ending, but it was rushed and had some logical flaws they maybe wouldn't have made if they'd had a third season to work it out.

Show endings I'm fine with although I'd have loved to see more: Angel (although Season 4 would have made an even better finale), Buffy (although I'm endlessly grateful for Season Eight), Wonderfalls.

morty_man
02-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Agree what somebody said about Lost. That last season really left me heartbroken with how bad it was.

For Rome-fans I can happily announce that there is still hope. They're talking about a Rome-movie to finish up the series. Titus Pullo himself has commented on this and that it's in the works, as well as the Rome-creator (although his name escapes me at this time), who hinted that it would have something to do with a certain rabbi in Jerusalem.

I would have wanted to see endings/continuations for Twin Peaks, Carnivale, Riget and Freaks & Geeks.

JerseyGirl1962
02-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Brisco County Jr. was an awesome one. It had good intelligent humor, and I miss it.

This. (Altho at least Bruce Campbell is now playing a backup role on Burn Notice, and he's still funny as hell.)

Tru Calling. I really got into it, and then it was cancelled. Major bummer.

Nancy

JerseyGirl1962
02-08-2011, 07:19 PM
And to make matters even worse for Stargate fans, the planned SG: Atlantis movie has now been put on hold, indefinitely.

Damn. The show was a lotta fun, and it would've been a cool thing to enjoy it all over again via the movie.

Oh well. :Shrug:

Nancy

pangalactic
02-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not really bringing anything new to the party, but I'm going to say Firefly, Deadwood, Carnivale and Veronica Mars.

As far as shows that ended perfectly but shouldn't have done, M*A*S*H* is right up there. The finale is perfect and beautiful but I wish it hadn't ended.

tjwriter
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM

This. (Altho at least Bruce Campbell is now playing a backup role on Burn Notice, and he's still funny as hell.)

I was just going to list this one. I was only 11 and I loved that show.