PDA

View Full Version : Facebook, BlackBerry, iPhone... addiction

Eddyz Aquila
12-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Come out and face the music! Who here is a Facebook, BlackBerry, iPhone addict?

I'm an addict of BlackBerry, that's it. I'm always on my Messenger texting people. Oh, the shame...

Now, I want to hear your guilt as well ;)

And for those who are in my position, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI

The One Ronnie on Blackberries... :D

Caitlin Black
12-30-2010, 02:03 PM
None of the above. Out of all my many addictions, you didn't hit a single one on the head.

Hooray?

Button
12-30-2010, 07:25 PM
I'm currently an addict of Runes of Magic, food and books (buying for myself) and AW forums.

I have a Facebook but I don't use it that much.

Tepelus
12-30-2010, 07:38 PM
I'm constantly on Facebook when I'm at home. I just got a new phone which, when I decide to upgrade my plan, will allow me to get on the intertubes so I can message people on Facebook wherever. I haven't upgraded because I is poor, and can't afford $30 a month more right now, so I have just the basic $40 a month talk plan. But when I upgrade, I'll be using all the features on my new shiny phone. Heck, my old phone was such a dinosaur it didn't even have a camera, and since I like taking pictures, I'm all sorts of excited about that, though the quality is nothing compared to my digital camera, and even that is a dinosaur. Still, I can take pics, yay!

5YOL
12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh my goodness! Are you kidding?! I am SO addicted to facebook and my blackberry and my facebook ON my blackberry! I am convinced that fb was created by a bunch of people who had some extremely important project that they were supposed to do, but put it off by creating this fun little social network thing, thereby imbuing the entire site with a procrastination element so strong that it infects nearly all who sign up! grrr...

Kitty Pryde
12-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I recently got a new phone that can go on the web and I am moderately addicted to it. One funny thing I realized--if I have people over for dinner, or if I'm at a party, it's considered rude and antisocial if I bust out a laptop and go browse AW. But if I'm at the same party and I read AW on my phone, that's perfectly acceptable. Seems weird to me. But I shall take advantage of the strange social convention that it's ok to goof around with your phone in the middle of a conversation with actual people who are actually sitting in front of you.

I really don't understand the iPhone people and their obsession with their apps. Perfectly reasonable intelligent people suddenly become fixated on really dumb stuff that a phone can be made to do. Wow...it takes your picture...and makes it look like a polaroid! Magical!! And look at this app!!! It makes the screen look like a lighter and then you can light it and hold it up and it's like you're holding a lighter in case you go to a rock concert and they're playing a slow rock ballad and you're really feeling it but you forgot to bring a lighter to wave cause you quit smoking in the nineties!!!! And this app here does the same thing that a website does only it's not a website it's an appppppppppppppppppp!!!!! *head explodes from delight*

shyne
12-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I only use my Blackberry for the media player. Have a FB page but I don't use it.

Caitlin Black
12-31-2010, 12:54 AM
*evil grin*

I use my phone so much, I have a 365-day credit, $20 at a time, and I only use that $20 credit perhaps once every 8 months.

So, that's like $2.50 in phone calls and txts per month. Yeah, I'm so fucking techno-savvy it scares me.

*wonders how some people can rack up $1000 debts every month on their phone*

Eudoxia
12-31-2010, 05:24 AM
I used to be a Facebook addict 3 months ago, but now I'm clean of all my shame. :D
However, I still have that addiction for food and Guild Wars.

Jessianodel
12-31-2010, 05:46 AM
I've been fighting a no facebook battle with my friends for two years. I lost when my friend made me one...I'm on the dark side now...

Eddyz Aquila
12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
I've been fighting a no facebook battle with my friends for two years. I lost when my friend made me one...I'm on the dark side now...

We have cookies, remember this... :D

Some groups need to be made to prevent or cure BlackBerry addiction.

Silver King
12-31-2010, 06:49 AM
I have an addiction to Eddyz's avatar. It's one of my favorites here, and I could stare at it all day, mesmerized while wondering what happens next. :)

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2010, 07:00 AM
Nope. You are so wrong. I have never wanted a Crackberry and I dislike Apple.

So there is no way that I'm addicted to Facebook that way.

*checks FB with his droid*

So, no. Not me. Nuh-huh.

Shadow_Ferret
12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
I really don't understand the iPhone people and their obsession with their apps. Perfectly reasonable intelligent people suddenly become fixated on really dumb stuff that a phone can be made to do. Wow...it takes your picture...and makes it look like a polaroid! Magical!! And look at this app!!! It makes the screen look like a lighter and then you can light it and hold it up and it's like you're holding a lighter in case you go to a rock concert and they're playing a slow rock ballad and you're really feeling it but you forgot to bring a lighter to wave cause you quit smoking in the nineties!!!! And this app here does the same thing that a website does only it's not a website it's an appppppppppppppppppp!!!!! *head explodes from delight*

Well, then, how about this app (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs)?

Star Trek's Universal Translator as a reality? I can't wait until it's available for the Android.

Jessianodel
01-01-2011, 12:25 AM

Star Trek's Universal Translator as a reality? I can't wait until it's available for the Android.

Wow that's awesome! ....oh great now I want an iphone....blah

at least I have cookies now...

Kitty Pryde
01-01-2011, 01:18 AM

Pretty neat use of the iPhone, though I can't say the ability to translate spanish text would be very useful to me personally...but I have never EVER seen an iPhone person excited about a genuinely useful app--it's always cyberpuppies and photo modifications and how many calories is this muffin. I do think the iPhone and the Touch have the potential to be incredibly useful, in general and also particularly for people with disabilities like autism or visual or hearing impairment (though a blind person can't use iTunes on an iPhone, epic fail), it seems to just be a highly expensive and amusing toy.

Devil Ledbetter
01-01-2011, 02:59 AM
I have a Blackberry with the Facebook ap, but my addiction is AW. If RIM ever comes out with an AW ap, I'm screwed.

I've put time strict limiting blocks for AW on all of my browsers at work. It's that bad.

heyjude
01-01-2011, 04:45 AM
:hi: Addicted. AW, iPhone, FB, all of it. I like to stay connected. It's not procrastinating. Honest...

brainstorm77
01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Neither. However, I do spend way too much time on AW and I am lovin my Kindle.:D