PDA

View Full Version : X Files

seun
12-29-2010, 07:47 PM
It's been years since I watched The X Files so I'm working my way through them (into the second half of series 3). I've forgotten a fair bit of the early episodes so there's a lot of shouting I remember him and enjoying the gross stuff (cockroaches crawling into arms is a personal favourite) again. It's like catching up with old friends. :)

So, anyone else an X Files fan?

Overkill
12-30-2010, 08:38 AM
HUGE FAN. Let me say that again -HUGE FAN. In a no-contest it is my favorite show of all time. I own all 9 seasons on DVD and once the new year starts, i intend to watch the series again. I can never get enough. I hope they do another movie and i hope they find a way to reboot the series to introduce a new wave of fans to what we were able to enjoy the first time around. My favorite all time episode is EVE.

amlptj
12-30-2010, 08:53 AM
BIGGEST FAN EVER!!!!! I've watched probably every episode about 10 times if not more. Been watching them ever since i was 8! My dream goal was to become Scully and well now i'm sort of half way there. Going into forensics and dream of working for the FBI one day.

Anyway big fan!!! About 2 years ago i did what you did and re-watched the whole series. It was freaking awesome!!!! Catching up on all the bad guys like that sewer leech dude s thing and the guy with the elastic limbs! The freaking cigarette smoking man I always call cancer man. My favorite episode is "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas" in season 6. It was actually the inspiration for my one of my upcoming books!!!

Smileycat
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't own any DVD's, but I really like the X-Files and had a better opinion of David Duchovny's acting than most critics. Loved Gillian Anderson as well.

Chris Carter - what's happened to him anyway?

seun
12-30-2010, 01:09 PM
My plan is to get the rest of the series (if they ever come down in price :tongue) and watch the two films again. I know the second film got a lot of flack, but I really liked it. All we need now is one more film.

Kweei
12-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I was all about the X-Files when it aired on TV. For a long time, it was my fave show ever!

I keep meaning to do a rewatch. Man, the early seasons were so awesome!

bethany
12-30-2010, 07:01 PM
We bought all the episodes when they first came out, and then this Christmas got the new all boxed together set. I think we've decided to watch Twin Peaks first, and then jump into X-files. Seasons 4/5/6 were by far my favorite. But I just love the show...

seun
12-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I watched the first couple of episodes of series 3 a few weeks back. Love the bit when Skinner tells Cancer Man to kiss his ass and brings out the old Indian code talker. :e2headban

Perks
12-31-2010, 05:16 AM
I was a huge X-Files fan. I saw all but three episodes and have been thinking about starting them again from the beginning. Glad to hear the bear up on rewatching.

Perks
12-31-2010, 05:23 AM
I was a huge X-Files fan. I saw all but three episodes and have been thinking about starting them again from the beginning. Glad to hear the bear up on rewatching.

amlptj
01-01-2011, 12:47 AM
And i always thought i was the only person in the the world who was obsessed with that show! No one remembers it any more, i'm glad to here people still love it like me!!!

mario_c
01-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I loved the show too, but I *heresy alert* stopped watching at the beginning of season 6. I hated that they suddenly decided they were making a sitcom - it went against the whole mood of the first few brilliant seasons. There was a sinister atmosphere and paranoid tone of every scene of the first two seasons, and that was what I loved. Hell, it was largely why I took up this crazy script writing business. yes, I was more than a little bit in love with Gillian Anderson :(
Don't forget the spinoff Millenium, which was even darker and nastier. It's very much recommended viewing too.

gabbleandhiss
01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Favorites eps:

1. Triangle
2. Jose Chung's From Outer Space
3. Bad Blood

seun
01-04-2011, 08:07 PM
And i always thought i was the only person in the the world who was obsessed with that show! No one remembers it any more, i'm glad to here people still love it like me!!!

It's a shame if you're right and people don't seem to remember it. Suppose (to sound like an old fart) that's a sign of the times. If something's more than a few years old, it loses appeal to a lot of people.

Lyra Jean
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Love X-Files. I own all 9 seasons and both movies. I also have the Lone Gunmen series. (1 season).

Some of my favorites are "Home" the ones with the inbred family.

The episode where Scully goes to Maine on vacation and ends up doing an investigation by herself concerning a doll.

And the episode where Scully and Mulder go undercover in California at the gated community.

Lex
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Love the x-files. We recently watched all the earlier seasons on netflix when they popped up on watch instantly. I loved the character development and dialogue, especially in the campier episodes:

1. Mulder singing the shaft theme song in the vampire ep, then denying it fiercely
2. The snatches of dialogue they have before a scene gets going, especially in both the lake monster ep (where Scully's dog gets eaten), and in the ep Detour, which is just hilarious from the start.

Lyra Jean
01-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Another favorite is where the Cigarette Smoking Man is trying to get his short story published and if they hadn't changed the ending he would have quit his job in the shadow government.

kuwisdelu
01-05-2011, 01:53 AM
'twas a great show.

One of my favorite live-action series, if not favorite.

gothicangel
01-05-2011, 02:32 AM
One of the digital channels in the UK are repeating it. Channel one. I think?

Makes me nostalgic for the early 90's. X Files, Quantum Leap . . .

PercyBlok
01-05-2011, 06:17 AM
X Files, a masterpiece of television programming. Right up there with old school Kolchak. In the new year I will be dumping cable (after Super Bowl) and doing Netflix streaming and X Files is available. I will be adding it for sure, starting from season 1. I look forward to it.

Best episode ever, the men in black episode with Jesse Ventura and Alex Trabek.

darkprincealain
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Huge fan here, and I remember being especially sorry to see it cancelled because I found Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish did such wonderful jobs with their characters.

Best Episodes ever:

1. Agua Mala
2. Small Potatoes
3. Ice

mario_c
01-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Love X-Files. I own all 9 seasons and both movies. I also have the Lone Gunmen series. (1 season).
The Lone Gunmen show was after I quit the show but I love those guys, so in retrospect...probably worth a looky?

Some of my favorites are "Home" the ones with the inbred family.

The episode where Scully goes to Maine on vacation and ends up doing an investigation by herself concerning a doll.
Written by none other than Stephen King, one of two episodes he wrote. They had lots of a-list writer "cameos" like William Gibson, who wrote season 5's scariest episode. Home was written by their two best house writers, Glen Morgan and James Wong (brother Darin Morgan wrote their funny episodes starting with Humbug and the Jose Chung episodes). They were the standard for TV writing until The Wire came along, and again, they were a big reason I still do this. :(

And the episode where Scully and Mulder go undercover in California at the gated community.Umm....not over that yet. Give it a few more years.:rant:

mario_c
01-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't own any DVD's, but I really like the X-Files and had a better opinion of David Duchovny's acting than most critics. Loved Gillian Anderson as well.

Chris Carter - what's happened to him anyway?David is on Broadway now! Gillian has not retired yet as evidenced by the "No Pressure" controversy :ROFL:. Chris Carter created Alias immediately after, and since then I guess he's chillin' on a yacht somewhere (well deserved).

seun
01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Watched Pusher from S3 last night. :roll:at the bit when Skinner gets a kicking from a girl a quarter of his size.

Tasmin21
01-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Love love love this show. Way back in college (when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I had a buddy who had taped every episode off TV (this was before DVD sets), and we used to do massive marathons every week, leading up to the new episode.

Ah, how I miss it.