Isn't good. Just sayin:tongue

Last edited:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I beg to differ, ma'am!

I don't think I've ever (in adulthood) had more than a couple of presents to open on Christmas. This has always been fine with me because we focus more on the kids and I do all of the shopping. The mom role and all of that. But something happened this year. My husband discovered internet shopping. I'm still in awe of the sheer number of presents I got this year. And they were nice ones too! (Probably because he didn't buy them at the hardware store like he historically has.)

Thank you, Amazon! Thank you very much!

:)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I meant Kindle shopping. The one click makes it very easy to spend quickly.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you mean like when I bought seven books in about twelve minutes last week? Yeah, that can be problematic.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, you mean like when I bought seven books in about twelve minutes last week? Yeah, that can be problematic.

That!:tongue

I bought four in 10 minutes and forced myself to sign out.:D

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I tried to appease myself by taking just about every free classic Amazon offers. Not good enough. Many of the books I really want are not on that list. I could go broke far too easily. o_O

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a Kindle, yet I'm reading Leonard Susskind's "The Black Hole War." Kindle price $9.99, Goodwill as-new hardcover price $2.99. :)

Oh, and it's a war of wits. He's the guy who made and finally won a long-standing bet with Stephen Hawking about black holes, and got a baseball encyclopedia out of the deal.

PS. I don't have a "One Click Shopping" problem, I have a not-enough-bookshelves problem.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, there is this other place that I've wandered into on occasion. It's dimly lit and smells a little like sweaty gym socks, but they let you borrow books for free. It's called Library.

It sounds too good to be true, right? Well, it is. If you don't bring the books back, they send Krampus after you. That's why I live in a cave and go by an alias.

It's a sucker's bet. They know a true book lover can't return a book unless it's terrible. They prey on the weak and literate. We'd be better off betting our souls on a a shell game in a New York City alley.

Last edited:

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I have not been to a library in about 20 years.