What's your sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
While raising two kids, sending out a half dozen resumes, organizing two writing workshops and writing and submitting three children's stories just this week alone, I've also been stewing on what exactly a talented writer/poet writes in their first anthology piece. Something poetic...something funny...something inspiring...something humourly poetic and inspiring. I've been thinking of searching the internet, the bible, the newspaper, trying to find that perfect something to write on my single, solitary page.

My poem is called Just Believe and it is meant to inspire people to believe in themselves.

So when I sit down at the front of a long line of anxious fans holding their breath anticipating a real, authentic, genuine autograph by such a famous artiste as myself (ahem), I would like to sign something other than, well, my name.

Perhaps "Believe"..."Never Stop Believing"...."Just Believe".

Anyway, I thought I'd start a thread to find out what you all are signing for your anxious fans. It'll be fun to see what comes out of you lot! :)

kim

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Gee... I hadn't thought about it. The very thought that someone would want my autograph has me stuttering and sinking into a dark corner hoping to go unnoticed.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
I try to autograph a book by saying something that relates, and I like to have fun with it.

For example, when I signed "The Will of Time," a time-travel romance, I signed, Thanks for travelling through time with me.--Robin Bayne

For my first inspirational romance, I signed, Hope all your romances are inspired.

For my romance "Charity's Prisoner," I signed,
May you be a prisoner of love.

For a novella in an anthology called "Shifters," I signed something silly like,

Hope this story shifts you into a good mood.

Haven't used it yet, but for my current book "From Now On," I should sign something like
, Hope you enjoy my books, from now on.
:)

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
I think we all feel that way!! :) The local news radio station sometimes interviews local authors, as done a local tv station. If I have to do an interview, I'm hoping that they're going to tell me all of the questions far in advance so I can come across as more than a studdering, stammering embarassment to the literary world.

Ideally, I would love to just sit back and watch everyone do the publicity without me....maybe point the Ottawa media to the American media when I absolutely must and only in an email. However, I was born with a tremendous amount of guilt and, as the only writer in Canada's capital, if I were to take that backseat approach, I probably would feel really bad knowing that there was a huge market that was missed b/c of my pride (the second tremendous amount of something I was born with). I would love to tell ChunkyC that I can't approach radio/tv media b/c I have a cold (cough) and a sore elbow and toe (I really do, actually, from a terrible parked-bicycle accident).

So, I will; and the more prepared I am, the more comfortable I will feel (maybe). ;)

kim

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
  1. "The more you donate the more I'll write"
  2. "Mine is better than [_______]" (pick one)
  3. "So what if you never heard of me. shuddup!"
  4. "Why did I write? Are you kiddin', check out all the babes around me."
  5. "Ray is a guy."
  6. "No, I will not write that about your husband"
  7. "Yes, I will write that about your wife"
  8. "Yes, I will write that about my wife"
  9. "Chuncky is a guy too"

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
"Mine is better than [_______]" (pick one)...
Oh RT... I have the answer to that one....
see below...
"Mine is better than RT's"
or
"Mine is better than everyone's"
:ROFL: :kiss:
gosh I am getting good at this...

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
If someone wants their book personalized, be sure to smile and ask, "And how do you spell your name?"

Some names, mine for instance, might throw you. (Is that Anne with an E or no E?) Not that I'd know from experience or anything. I'm just sayin'. :ROFL:

Who knew there were so many Es in Vinnee??

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My initial response to any request for an autograph will probably be, "You're kidding, right?"

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about signing it: Love and Kisses! (Your Name)

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You mean people might actually want my name signed on a piece of paper for something other than paying bills?

Maybe I ought to put more into signing my checks. Instead of just putting my signature on 'em, perhaps I'll put something like, "Don't ever stop being you!" right above my name.

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
People always spell my name wong.

:ROFL:

*snort*

...breathe.....phew!...funny...

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Shwebb said:
You mean people might actually want my name signed on a piece of paper for something other than paying bills?

Maybe I ought to put more into signing my checks. Instead of just putting my signature on 'em, perhaps I'll put something like, "Don't ever stop being you!" right above my name.

:ROFL: ...hilarious! And include an "x" and "o" for good measure!

Rhymegirl, I just happened to watch the Hitch-hiker's Guide last night....did you steal that "Love and Kisses" idea from Zaphod?! :)

kim

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kim Gogo said:
Rhymegirl, I just happened to watch the Hitch-hiker's Guide last night....did you steal that "Love and Kisses" idea from Zaphod?! :)

kim

Ha! You got me! I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a few weeks ago. I loved that part where he signed a document to blow up earth with Love and Kisses, thinking he was signing an autograph for someone.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
rhymegirl said:
Ha! You got me! I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a few weeks ago. I loved that part where he signed a document to blow up earth with Love and Kisses, thinking he was signing an autograph for someone.

:ROFL: You could always take the Daryll Lee Cullum from Copycat approach and sign it with "Wet and sloppy kisses" instead.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MarkPettus said:
Room 814, The Hilton, 10ish?

Would a Tic-Tac have killed you?

Please notify the authorities. I'm being forced to do this against my will.

I might steal one or two of these.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I have no idea. I don't even know how I'm going to sign my OWN book when it comes out, let alone this one. My story is "The Light"... maybe "Stay bright"? LOL

The short story is about a person trapped in a cave... maybe "I've fallen and I can't get up"? No. Maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.