PDA

View Full Version : The I did something stupid today thread

sheadakota
12-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Welcome! I have a feeling I'll be frequent poster and just to start things off with a bang- I'll go first-

Today I locked my keys in my running car- along with my spare key.
My husband had to drive home from work to rescue me :e2smack::e2hammer:

cray
12-23-2010, 11:54 PM
so, he got you out of the car too, eh?

:D

sheadakota
12-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Wait- you mean you can open the thing from the inside?

cray
12-23-2010, 11:59 PM
hehehhe

sheadakota
12-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought I was being a nice mom and heated the car up to drive them to the end of the driveway so they wouldn't have to stand in the cold and the dark to wait for the bus. I have a bad cold and was all hopped up on cold medicine and must have hit the lock button when I got out. *sigh*

heyjude
12-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Haha, I was just thinking about something dumb I did today. Not good for an internet forum post, but some days I come up way more than a few brain cells shy. :rolleyes:

Glad your hubby was able to rescue you, shea!

KTC
12-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Welcome! I have a feeling I'll be frequent poster and just to start things off with a bang- I'll go first-

sorry. we all do those little dumb things that result in such huge headaches. the sentence doesn't fit the crime. it ain't fair.

I hope the rest of your day was better.

whacko
12-24-2010, 02:28 AM
Hey Shea,

I'm on medication too, but not for a cold, of course. My runny nose, sore head, lack of appetitite and racking cough, is a weird strain of ebola or something else unknown to science.

My medication of choice tonight is whisky. It started off as a hot toddy to aid restful sleep. But it's now degenerated into a cold toddy or two.

Which is why...

so, he got you out of the car too, eh?

:D

has still got me laughing!

Hope your day got better.

Regards

Whacko

Cliff Face
12-24-2010, 03:45 AM
I had my stupid moment within half an hour of waking up.

I turned down going shopping, and instead got lumped with a solo performance of cleaning the house for Christmas.

Yeah. What was I thinking?

Tepelus
12-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Does yesterday count? I was driving home from work when I kept thinking there was something I was supposed to do. I pulled into my driveway when I realized I forgot that I was supposed to take home a work colleague, and she got left at work. I thought, aw crap, oh well, she'll find a way home. Today she asked me what happened to me yesterday, and I apologized and told her that I forgot. She wasn't mad, she did get a ride home, and we laughed it off.

bettielee
12-24-2010, 05:41 AM
I went to get a coffee at the drive thru and left my wallet at home... didn't discover that till after I ordered...

highed my heavy bag o' laundry to the laundromat, before checking to see if any machines were available.... - on a Thursday morning... just my luck. This is also why I took my wallet out of my purse, so the two sort of go together as twin screw-ups.

Cliff Face
12-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Maybe the Christmas Fairy will bring you your very own washing machine?

Atlantis
12-24-2010, 07:01 AM
I had to get a blood test taken yesterday and when the nurse put the needle in I screamed so loud she ran out of the room and got the head nurse to come in and handle me because she was scared to touch me again. The head nurse ended up pricking me three more times before she found a vein. While this was happening, the first nurse had to sit down and put her head into her hands because I scared her so much (I didn't scream on purpose...) :evil

Needles huuurrttt...

Oh and the other day my boyfriend put a cooking tray down on the table after taking it out of the oven and I stood too close and got a big burn mark on my leg. Hot things burn!!!

backslashbaby
12-24-2010, 07:17 AM
I keep forgetting that I'm using a little cast-iron skillet for cooking some stuff this Christmas. I keep grabbing it by the handle and then screaming -- waay too many times to make any damned sense :D

Cella
12-24-2010, 07:53 AM
I dropped a tester bottle of perfume in the department store today, shattering it all over a customer, the floor...

StoryG27
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
This may not be the caliber of stupidity that you're looking for, but it's all I have for today. . .so far.

Let's just say some people have the coordination to walk and drink coffee at the same time, while the rest of us do not.

I was walking down the hall with my mug o' joe and tried to take a sip, somehow slamming the heavy mug against my front teeth. The high pitched ringing sound the impact made seemed to match perfectly the nerve pain in my mouth. Now, I will finish my coffee while I'm sitting, and hope for the best.

BeatrixKiddo
12-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I never do anything stupid, ever. I am perfect. :roll::ROFL:

I used to lock my keys in my car so much, I eventually attached the spare to some string and started wearing them around as a "key necklace". (I'm not kidding)

I have nothing stupid to report yet, but the day is only half over so just give me a few hours and I'm sure I'll have a "doozy" before midnight.

backslashbaby
12-25-2010, 12:38 AM
I never do anything stupid, ever. I am perfect. :roll::ROFL:

I used to lock my keys in my car so much, I eventually attached the spare to some string and started wearing them around as a "key necklace". (I'm not kidding)

I have nothing stupid to report yet, but the day is only half over so just give me a few hours and I'm sure I'll have a "doozy" before midnight.

:ROFL: at the key necklace!

I had car trouble on a busy street one morning in winter, and in all the fuss getting off the road, etc, my keys somehow fell into my boot. I would have heard them had they fallen on the ground, but no!

It caused a huge problem, and I walked around absolutely all day with those things in my boot cuff. Talk about feeling stupid that night when I took them off :D

Cliff Face
12-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Aww, your keys just wanted to be warm! (Either that or they have a foot fetish, in which case you might consider getting new keys if that isn't really your thing. ;))

Cliff Face
12-25-2010, 12:46 AM
^ Does that count as my stupid thing of today?

sheadakota
12-25-2010, 08:08 AM
It's Christmas so I'll let you slide on that one. ;)

pinkrobot
12-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Hmmm do I dare post? I do something stupid every day, so I might be a regular on this thread.... :e2smack:

MoonWriter
12-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone!!!

Since it's only a couple of hours into the new day, I can't think of anything stupid I've done, so I'll share something an old grammar school classmate told us at a recent mini-reunion.

The week before Christmas, Jimmy and his wife were browsing in a jewlery store. His wife asked the sales lady if she would take a closer look at a pair of 1 carat diamond earrings.

The sales lady said, "Oh, I hope you were a good girl so Santa will buy these for your stocking."

Without missing a beat, Jimmy responded, "If my wife had been naughty, she'd already be wearing the 2 carat earrings."

aruna
12-25-2010, 12:57 PM
I hate cooking from a recipe, but yesterday I decided to make a special Christmas pudding. It was dead easy; just melt some dark chocolate with Grand Marnier, whip cream, mix, fridge, voila (plus some nice sauces to go with it.)
I decided to make the double the amount so there would be some left over.
But I only doubled the chocolate and the Grand Marnier, and forgot to double the cream! There I was wondering why there was so LITTLE of the pudding. I even put the second pot of cream back in the fridge, without realising.
In the middle of the night it suddenly came to me!
This morning I got up, melted the pudding down again, whipped some more cream, put it back in the bowls, back in the fridge, and it should be OK.
I had some fun licking out the pudding bowl in which it was made for the second time!

I am really hopeless at measuring out ingredients, calculating how much, etc., but this was easy peasy. I just blacked out!

Eudoxia
12-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I decided to make some tea to go with my cheese and crackers and I started boiling the water. Well, I completely forgot about the boiling water because I was too busy killing things in Guild Wars and I ended up burning the pot and all the water evaporated. :(

Now I have to wait till Monday to get a new pot for tea. :mad:

Not sure if that counts as something stupid, but my roommate sure does.

MoonWriter
12-25-2010, 01:59 PM
aruna - I hope your pudding turns out well, but when you get to lick a pudding bowl twice - that ain't stupid, that's brilliant! When it comes to recipes, you and my youngest sister would get along fine. When she's got to double a recipe, she doesn't double the ingredients, she makes the recipe twice! She swears it doesn't come out the same if you make it all at once. :crazy:

MoonWriter
12-25-2010, 02:13 PM
I decided to make some tea to go with my cheese and crackers and I started boiling the water. Well, I completely forgot about the boiling water because I was too busy killing things in Guild Wars and I ended up burning the pot and all the water evaporated. :(

Now I have to wait till Monday to get a new pot for tea. :mad:

Not sure if that counts as something stupid, but my roommate sure does.

Eudoxia - I found this tip online - hope they help you salvage your pot.

"For burnt stainless steel pots or ones with deposits I've simmered a half and half mixture of water and white vinegar with the pot covered. After heating for about 10 minutes. Let it sit overnight. Then try using a mild solution of Bar Keepers Friend powder and a soft sponge. Another approach I've used is to cook a tomato sauce, the acid does a great job and won't hurt the pot. Don't try this with aluminum."