Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I haven't quite figured out how to post things on the official SOS site that Richard is designing yet, so I put the cover preview up on the page on my site here: http://www.jennaglatzer.com/strength.htm

Thank you TONS to Danny Mehl, the graphic designer, who also happens to be Nancy Mehl's son (Nancy is a writer and member here).

You can see more of Danny's work here: http://www.aigadesignjobs.org/public/individual_details.asp?individual_id=82594&from_url=true

He's working on the back cover now.

AmyBA

I'm a believer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amyba.com
It's beautiful-- simple and elegant. I love how the word "strength" is in red, just like the Gerbera daisy (which is my favorite flower, too).

janetr

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.EyesofaSecret.com
The cover is fantastic--eyecatching. What an incredible job done by everyone involved.

Jenna, as I read the timeline you posted, I was wondering if the writers will still have an opportunity to read their work before the final printing? Of course, I have found a couple typos in my works. No matter how many times I proofread (and I do it for a living!), I find mistakes. I have confidence that they will be found by the experts and process already in place but I thought I would ask just the same.

Thank you, thank you, for your hard work! Take a break and let your husband pamper you awhile! :kiss:

Janet Ross-Pilla

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
The cover looks great! I love the spareness of it, and the fact that the charity status is on the cover.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really like it--simple and direct, eyecatching. I like how the red is used, since the charity is the Red Cross--sort of a subliminal "extra;" I don't know how to put it better than that.

And I like the cracked ground better than just a crack in the concrete--seems even more barren and thus more juxtaposed to me.

Great!

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, I am posting it outside my office for the curious minded.

How much would it cost, or is it even possible, for an individual contributer to have a vanity book which included thier name? Or does that constitute another isbn or something. Even with a minimum order?

I am more curious than serious. Would just be an awesome Christmas present or something.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna,

The book cover is striking. It has that "stand out" quality that would certainly bring it attention on a bookstore shelf or rack. The selective placing of red colouring ties in beautifully. And the gentle flower pushing its way through the cracked ground - sums it up really, doesn't it? I love it, love it. Wonderful work by all involved. This book cover speaks volumes in strength, pride and endurance. OK...I'll stop now.

Debbie :)
(Guess what? - I realllly love it!)

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: :hooray: :Jump: :Jump: :Jump: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :TheWave: :TheWave:
Well the sums up how I feel...
Just one thing though Jenna.... MY NAME IS NOT ON THE FRONT COVER????:ROFL:

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
I think I prefered Maestrowork's first version....

No, I'm just KIDDING!!!!!!

It is a beautiful cover.

I don't know how Jenna feels, being closer to all of that, but it feels to ME like the frantic cover hunt was all worth while to end at this. I can't think of anything I would prefer to see represent our anthology.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
rtilryarms said:
How much would it cost, or is it even possible, for an individual contributer to have a vanity book which included thier name? Or does that constitute another isbn or something. Even with a minimum order

You could do it for free (if Jenna gave you the files), although it would be a bit fiddly. You'd need to put your own name on the cover with (glances at font) Copperplate, then upload the whole lot to your own Lulu account, order a copy, and delete the project from the server.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Just lovely, Jenna. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
Proud Mom

Just had to pipe in here....

I love the cover, too. Of course, I happen to love the designer even more. <S>

Signed,

Proud Mom

P.S. (He also designed the cover for my new book, Malevolence!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.