PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Beta for Character Driven YA Fantasy~ 80k

bzMac
12-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm nearing completion of the second round of editing of my novel and need another pair of eyes. I'm looking for chapter by chapter impressions, comments on character and plot development, and an overall impression on the novel. Anything more is extra and welcomed. I'm not looking for someone to tell me how awesome! this novel is. I would much prefer helpful crit. I have thick skin so I'll be fine.

My novel is a YA fantasy at about ~80K. The goal is for it to be more character driven than plot, although I'm still hoping its a good plot (it is fantasy after all). You won't be getting an early draft. This novel has been polished.

Brief Blurb(not sure if it does the story any justice. still trying to get this blurb thing down):

Nima is a self-proclaimed realist and hater of all things fantasy. She has never stayed at a school for more than a year and her best friends are only trees. Just when she thinks she’s settled into Ellicott City and made some human friends she stumbles across a galaxy in a room and finds herself transported to a new land where her perceptions of reality and fantasy are challenged. Nima must overcome her own prejudices in order to save a friend and more importantly, save herself.

Tsiamon
12-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Sounds interesting. Are you up for swapping work? I'm a pretty fast and thorough beta reader and I do everything you're looking for. I've enjoyed working with the people on this forum but I need my back scratched too, you know?