PDA

View Full Version : My forever-long review! 9.30.05 and 10.01.05..Enjoy!

anghil5
10-04-2005, 01:11 AM
Ok, Ok….so I won’t make you wait any longer. Here it is…

I will give you all the tiny details…at least I will try.

My parents took me to St. Louis on Wednesday night and we ate dinner at my boyfriend’s mom’s house, and we just chatted a bit. Then my parents left to go back home (St. Louis is 2 hours from my home town). Then I went to bed. I got up at the crack of dawn, 5:30 a.m., and got ready to head to the airport; I had an 8:15 flight. My flight was good; we actually got there 45 minutes early! That’s exciting! I stayed with a friend of my parents and her fiancée. They had a really nice place. The pool was amazing; I laid out there all day on Thursday. And, yes, I fell asleep..and got extremely burnt. It wasn’t even “cute” burnt; it was all splotchy and goofy looking. AND..my outfit that I was wearing Friday night was strapless…ahh the horror! Anyways, then my mom’s friend came home, and we cooked dinner. It was nice. We had salmon, zucchini, and corn on the cob. YUM! Then we watched the OC and went to bed. I was tired.

Friday came, and I slept in pretty late. I knew I would be so tired that night if I didn’t. My friend who I met there came and picked me up around noon time, and we went to Caesars. We ate lunch at the Cypress Market. We each had chicken quesadillas. They were good! I went over to the boutique to get a few things. I got some more Belong perfume, a pair of sunglasses for me and a pair for my mom, a couple of the new postcards that I don’t have already (like I have room for them on my walls!), and a pair of black shorts which were SO cute! (spent more money then I planned to, as always). Then we just walked around some of the Forum shops…and then headed back to her condo around 3 p.m. We rested a little bit, and then got ready for the (First) big night! Freshened up a bit, and headed out the door. We went over to Caesars; got there around 7 p.m. We, again, shopped a little bit before the show. Then around 8 o’clock we headed to the Colossium and went thru security. While walking to the Colossium we saw Michel playing the slots. We stopped and told him that he better get back in there. He shrugged and said, “Nah—I got 30 minutes!” LOL! We got seated (we had Orch. 3, Row BB, aisle seats.) ß right where she sits to sing “If I Could.” Great seats! I have never sat anything closer than third row! The concert started a little bit late, as always. Celine came out, and I had like a constant smile on my face the rest of the night. She looked magnificent. Her hair was straight, which I have never seen (in person) since the show started. It was like it was on the Travel Channel “I’m Alive” clip. She looked great. Like, Marisa said before, you can defiantly tell she has put on a little bit of weight; but, MAN!…it looks good on her!

She sounded great singing. But, something just wasn’t there. We could tell that she was not feeling well. She was gasping for air, much more than normal. We were sad to see her sickly-like. We were also sad to find out that she SKIPPED “If I Could,” one of our favorites! Very disappointing! She never said anything about it, so we aren’t sure why she decided not to sing it. She was not as “playful” with the crowd as she normally is. But, the crowd was GREAT, everyone stood up during “I’m Alive,” “Love Can Move Mountains,” and “I Drove All Night.” Which, I loved to see, and so did Celine! The crowd was very vocal that night, too. They yelled a lot...like “We love you, Celine” and so forth. Rose time came, and she gave it to a lady who sat right in front of my friend. She was Orch. 3, Row AA, aisle seat. So….as you can imagine…Celine was like 2 inches from us! WOW—I could have died! It was like heaven, I have never been that close to her, and I seriously thought I might have fainted! LOL….. When she hugged he lady, her face was like right in front of me…I probably looked like I was about to pass out, because I was. But, she gave me a wide-eyed look and smiled huge! It was so cute! All-in-all it was great, as always…

Saturday I got up around 8 a.m., yes, kind of early. I just watched TV for a while. The girl that I was staying with fiancée is from Australia and he fixed me “Aussie” style pancakes. They were pretty good, they tasted like dessert more than breakfast though; but, that’s okay! Then we just hung around the apartment for a while. We got ready around noon time and went to eat with a friend of theirs at the Four Seasons. It was so relaxing, and “vacation” like. We ate outside by the pool. Really neat. I got a chicken sandwich and parmesan fries. Yum!!! We sat around there and drank a little wine (Nope, I’m not of age, Shhh!) It was just a small glass. We then went and bought a Yummmmmmmmmmmie cake! Went home, ate a little of that, and then took a long, much needed nap! I got up and got ready for the show. I couldn’t eat dinner though because I was so excited about sitting front row! I met my friend at Caesars, and while I waited for her I bought the “Live A New Day” C.D. for my boyfriend’s mom, kind of as a Thank-you. I also bought a Celine pop-top water jug thing. It was cute, and I love those things! I’m crazy, I know! Then my friend came, and we shopped around a little bit before the show started. Around 8 O’clock, again, we headed to the Colosium. We sat front row…OMG….so close….and I could not believe I was sitting there….I mean I could like touch the stage! It was amazing! I was in love, and I will NEVER want to sit anywhere else ever again! Haha! Like seriously!!!!

The show started…with the normal “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to “A New Day”…blah blah blah…I love when she says “mo-bile” phones…ha-ha, cracks me up! It must just be the “Missouri” accent I have! We say things differently, obviously. Anyways…back to the important stuff…my friend and I got zoomed in on at the beginning of the show, and they just sat there for-evvvvvvvvver! I was like…Ummmm...Ok! Move on now…haha! Then the glass shattered…and our girlfriend came on stage…It was like seeing the show for the first time, I’m sure you all (who’s been…sorry for those who haven’t…your chance is coming, I promise!) have experienced it. It’s always the first time, every time. And she came out, this time having curly hair (my favorite), she was perfect vocally, physically, everything this night. It was almost like night and day between Friday night and Saturday night. She sounded and looked amazing! She was extremely ‘playful’ this night. It was SO much fun! After a couple songs she leaned over and blew kisses to my friend and I. She interacted with us sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! It was great! She did so many things that were ‘new’ to me…like little gestures and little remarks. She was completely into the show that night. It was amazing! One time, she pretended to fall into the crowd…I wish she would have! Haha! She kept shaking her butt in our faces and stuff (Cathy, don’t be jealous! Haha!!!!) She did during I’m Alive, and the one other time she completely turned around, butt toward the crowd, and shook what her momma gave her! It was adorable! And, during “I Wish” she did this cute karate thing to the crowd and gave like a “I’m gonna’ getcha” look, and then went to the other side of the stage and did the same thing. She kept spinning, too….GaaaaH! I could talk all day about this…but it’s getting long, I must go on. Oh-and there were TWO open, front row, center seats right beside us! Luckily, this night, she sang “If I Could,” and when she asked her usual, “Can I sit with you?” many people yelled, “Yes, right here, Celine!” and pointed to the empty seats. She said, “Oh really, you want me to sit there?” Well…..DUH! Yea! Of course!! She was in tip-top shape this night….like I said. I couldn’t believe it! Vocally she did amazing, she always does great, but there was like no mess-ups. It was BY FAR the BEST one yet! I don’t know--it could have been that I was seated front row, and that we received so much attention from her! Then, again, came rose time...It was even better than the night before…she was even closer! GOSH! I thought, for sure she was coming right towards me, but instead, she gave it to my friend who was with me! I was Sooooooooooo excited for her though! And, I was still thrilled to have Celine so close to me for a moment! She came down the stairs, and she had a tear that had run down her cheek. It was a streak of make-up. So cute, she shed a tear. She’s so genuine. It just shows that just because she does this every night, that her appreciative ways are not a act, she really does mean every word…even if it is rehearsed! Anyway, as you probably can tell, she was like RIGHT beside me! It makes me realize that she is not so ‘un-reachable,’ like I have always thought. I mean, I was standing right beside Celine Dion, how crazy! I touched her arm, briefly. I don’t think she noticed though. I had to get a touch in tough! She did look at me and wink, however. That was enough for me! I was pleased! I just melted! Everyone after the show was saying, “Oh my gosh, that’s the girl who got the rose.” and pointing to my friend! It was so funny! We also had several people ask, are you guys related to Celine. Ummm…like we wish!

We found out after the show that Barbara Streisand and Josh Grobin were in the audience! Isn’t that amazing? I was so excited! The musicians said that Barbara came in during “I’m Alive” and left after “I Drove All Night” I wonder who got to sit next to her! She was in row NN. That’s so cool! I bet Celine was nervous, since she’s her idol and all! That’s great that she was there…I bet that’s why Celine played it up so much and gave it her all!

Before the show, guess who we saw? RENE! We were so excited! He was in the sound booth, but before we could get up to go see him, he disappeared!! L O’well, at least we got to see him! I would give anything to meet him! I love him! As, we all do!

After each of the shows, we went to the Cypress Market and had a drink and some pizza with some musicians and dancers. Well, I didn’t have a drink, just water! But…did have some pizza! They are GREAT! I have met some of them briefly, but not for a period of time like that. The first night we ate with: Ebony, her friend, Alejandro, Silvia, and her dad. They were all so sweet! The second night we ate with Andre, Marc, Yves, Andrea, and one other person (male)…can not remember his name for anything, oops! Everyone was amazing, and so sweet!

Then I went back to the condo, and went to bed. I got up on Sunday and lay by the pool for a while, burnt myself, once again. Then got ready and headed back to good ‘ole Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Ahh….how I miss Vegas and our Celine! I can not wait to go back…already planning!

I hope I got everything…and gave you all some good details…I might think of more, but if I do………………..I will letcha know, for sure!

Enjoy, my friends!

Oh--------and pics to follow…soon!

Loves!

PS: I hope it's ok to post it here...didn't know where else to. If not, feel free to move it, Jenna!

TatiVale
10-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Thank you Angela! I'm gonna read it now thanks!

Marisa Louise
10-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Grrrrrrrreat review. :)

Piglot82
10-04-2005, 05:43 AM
awww...thank you! I miss Vegas!

Glad you had a great time.

darryl
10-04-2005, 06:22 AM
AMAZING!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :PartySmil :TheWave:
:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

anghil5
10-04-2005, 06:51 AM
LOL...was it worth the wait? Hope so!

AmorYSuerte
10-04-2005, 06:59 AM
GREAT review... had a lot of fun reading it!!! I Love Michel!!! You're so lucky to have been that close! Thanks for the review!

ashleylovescéline
10-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Oh, brings back so many memories! :) Thanks for sharing!! I hope I can get front row one day, I was in the second row this year and I thought I would die!!! I'm so impressed you were able to remain conscious when she was that close to you, lol! ;)

CertPharmT15
10-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the review and for writing in a font and size that I can read because this font and size kills my eyes after a 10 hour shift in the pharmacy in front of a comp. screen...Hey were you sitting in orchestra 4??

Filine
10-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Ohwwwwww...how GREATTTTTT...I wanna go...I have to wait until Aprillll....

anghil5
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the review and for writing in a font and size that I can read because this font and size kills my eyes after a 10 hour shift in the pharmacy in front of a comp. screen...Hey were you sitting in orchestra 4??

HAHA...your welcome! I wrote it on Microsoft Word, and then copied it on here...'cause I wanted to keep it! :)

Yes we were in Orch 4 when we sat front row, and Orch 3 when we sat 2nd row!

darryl
10-04-2005, 06:01 PM
HAHA...your welcome! I wrote it on Microsoft Word, and then copied it on here...'cause I wanted to keep it! :)

Yes we were in Orch 4 when we sat front row, and Orch 3 when we sat 2nd row!

I do that too with long posts. It helps with spell checking [ :Ssh: ], and avoids the possible server glitches that make you re-type the whole thing over! [ :Headbang: ]

I wonder what happens if you choose a font style that isn't support here?

Anyway, thanks for a trying warm and loving raconter!

:Clap:

Casie
10-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm glad to hear you had a great time! :) Reading your review made me feel like I was back there again.

Everyone after the show was saying, “Oh my gosh, that’s the girl who got the rose.” and pointing to my friend! It was so funny! We also had several people ask, are you guys related to Celine. Ummm…like we wish!

The same thing happened to me both times I got the rose lol

anghil5
10-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Funny tid-bit about the show I went to on Sat night....

someone posted something similiar to it on another site, and it reminded me! ha!

As always...everyone was yelling "I Love you Celine" ect....and "I love you more" Like a competition! She did her little funny face and cocked her head to the side and said "Well, I love you most"

haha..it was just so cute! I love her!

Piglot82
10-05-2005, 09:04 AM
HAHAhahahahahah

Marisa...Cathy...bet the two of you feel special now, don't you?...Celine copying you and all.

Weren't you the ones that started that..."I love you", "I love you more", "I love you the most"...haha

Marisa Louise
10-05-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't think we started it.

DID WE!?!?!?!?

I'd die if one day she said "I love you more infinity" LOL. That's my thing........

Well, really, the one with my mom is "I love you most and more infinity in all the languages" lol.

(blushes).

CertPharmT15
10-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think we started it.

DID WE!?!?!?!?

I'd die if one day she said "I love you more infinity" LOL. That's my thing........

Well, really, the one with my mom is "I love you most and more infinity in all the languages" lol.

(blushes).

Awww.. Reminds me of Toy Story "To infinity and beyond!!" Imagine Celine says; "I love you to infinity and beyond!" lol OK, maybe that's too much!

anghil5
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Hahaha....she's TOO cute! love her, love her, love her!

Me and my dad used to say things like, "I love you more than all the grass in the world." and stuff like that..haha

Marisa Louise
10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
What woudl really make a statement is "I love you m ore than all teh water in teh world"

LOL............. that's A LOT!

anghil5
10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
WoooooooooooooW! That's a loooootttta' love! That's how much we love Celine...we even more than that!

Marisa Louise
10-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I got it!

I love you more than all the stars in heaven!!!!!

Fanny
10-05-2005, 11:47 PM
WOW so glad you had fun:)

JennaGlatzer
10-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Worth the wait! Thanks, Angela! Great review, and I'm glad you had such a good time!

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:24 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/anghil5/Vegas3008.jpg
Ramona, Marc, Andre, and me after Saturday night's show!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/anghil5/Vegas3007.jpg

Marc, Yves, Andre, and me

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/anghil5/Vegas3003.jpg

The pool at the apartment I stayed at, isn't it beautiful!?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/anghil5/Vegas3006.jpg

My friend, Ramona, with her rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that is ALL the pictures I took! I know, Im crazy!

TatiVale
10-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Only those 4 pictures??????????? hahaha C'mon!!!! eheheheh :P Nice ones thanks for sharing! :)

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Only those 4 pictures??????????? hahaha C'mon!!!! eheheheh :P Nice ones thanks for sharing! :)

I know!! That's what I kept saying...I was like geeeeeeeeeeez.......take more pictures! But, I forgot my camera one day....and I already have so many...o well....there will be next time! haha

Marisa Louise
10-06-2005, 08:53 AM
I absolutely love Yves. I've met him a few times and he is just one of the kindest guys. Strikingly sweet, really......good memory, too.

CertPharmT15
10-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks Angela! Ramona looks so happy with her rose!! You look awesome too..

ashleylovescéline
10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Yves has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, any picture of him doesn't do them justice!!

Eggy
10-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm glad to see andré got rid of his "toilet brush" hairdo that he had last time we went! I tell you it was NOOOOOT good! :P

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Yes he is a sweety! And so is Andre...they were all great!!
Have you all met Ebony?? She is sooooooooo sweet and so cute!

CertPharmT15
10-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey Angela did you get my last PM?? %)

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Nope, I didn't! Send it again! Sorrrrrrry!

anghil5
10-06-2005, 05:53 PM
wait...sorry, Ever, I did get it! I guess I read it and then didn't have time to reply at the moment..and forgot about it! I'm sorry!! But, I just replied to ya!

godessceline
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
It's crazy; I leave this place for four days and EVERYTHING happens, haha! I'm so glad you had a great time Angela! :kiss: And the rose...oh, the rose! *lol* If Ccéline ever gave it to me I'd just...loose it, haha! I'd just stand there and be like "OMG OMG OMG"...and I wouldn't realize how close she wa suntil it's be over. *lol* So typical me! :D Y'all have seen so many shows and met her and all so you can act like...normal human beings, haha! While I would be all...scary. :ROFL: