for two years...

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
This isn't my accomplishment but I've been telling my hubs he should write about his experiences with PTSD and Iraq for two years. He finally did and allowed me to share his piece on the war trauma site I write for.

http://www.notalone.com/Site/Blogs.aspx?id=6

There were no letters home. No sharply uniformed soldiers knocking on a loved one's door. There was no drill team toting my flag-draped carcass off an airplane. No flag was handed off to my grieving mother by my commander. None of that. Those guys are the lucky ones. They did their job then left it behind to go to heaven or to be reincarnated or whatever construct they had made for themselves in the afterlife. I've held the hand and brushed back the hair of countless men and tried to comfort them as they left my futile struggle with God. Is it wrong that I harbor a great deal of resentment for not having the same luxury?

I'm so proud of his courage I had to share.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm crying here.

Wow.Just.Wow.

I hope the writing will help him in some way, I really do.

Hugs to you both, you're amazing, the pair of you.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done. And congrats to him for having the courage to write it.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Tell him to keep going. A lot of people need to know about his experience and his perceptions. Rarely have the sacrifices of war fallen onto so small a percentage of the population...

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
The power of the written word.

Thank him for both his service, and for his willingness to share what was undoubtedly a very haunting experience.

Semper Fi :)

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
The power of the written word.

Thank him for both his service, and for his willingness to share what was undoubtedly a very haunting experience.

Semper Fi :)

This. I'm am choking up very badly, and please, thank him for us, for everyone. He's not forgotten. I would have left a comment but IR Technonoob(tm) couldn't figure out how to, so I repped you my comment.