12-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Yep. Moody with a little bit stormy.

I sent you a rep.

Arc Jerome
12-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Captain Moody?

Chris P
12-15-2010, 11:14 PM
The ex said I was the moodiest man she'd ever met. I miss that stupid b****h.

kayleamay
12-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Of course not. There's always a reason. You just have to look for it.

charlotte49ers
12-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Goodness, yes. I just tell my husband I'm having an irrational moment and, bless him, he takes it and still loves me. :D

tjwriter
12-15-2010, 11:18 PM
I've been overwhelmed and off in the deep end for awhile now. Plus my hormones swing wildly every month and I get all nutty as a fruitcake.

alleycat
12-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Have you ever been moody for no reason?:rant:
A woman moody for no apparently reason . . . ?

Uh, I refuse to comment on the grounds I might get my butt kicked. Repeatedly.

Uncarved
12-15-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm always moody. Sometimes more than others, but moody.

brainstorm77
12-15-2010, 11:25 PM
A woman moody for no apparently reason . . . ?

Uh, I refuse to comment on the grounds I might get my butt kicked. Repeatedly.

Ha! *kicks cat in the ass* :evil

brainstorm77
12-15-2010, 11:26 PM
Of course not. There's always a reason. You just have to look for it.

You just became my reason... :ROFL:

whacko
12-15-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm just a ray of sunshine. Which pisses people off no end ha ha. So maybe I'm a carrier of this irrational moodiness.

czjaba
12-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Me? No, not me. But Hubby gets moody a lot. Like it's my fault he can't find his car keys.
It doesn't matter if they are in my purse. :D

brainstorm77
12-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Me? No, not me. But Hubby gets moody a lot. Like it's my fault he can't find his car keys.
It doesn't matter if they are in my purse. :D:evil

wyat
12-15-2010, 11:51 PM
ya some times i just feel like hitting u in the face i cant help it change your face or something dude

Eudoxia
12-16-2010, 12:00 AM
My ex-boyfriend was EXTREMELY moody. One minute he was all a bunch of smiles and the next he's throwing books and yelling at you to get the hell out of the house! I can be moody sometimes, but I have my reasons for that. *cough cough*

Elle
12-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm very moody. Fortunately, my boyfriend helps even out my moods. Don't know what I'd do without him!

Lavern08
12-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I was that way for six long, horrible years...

...They call it *Menopause :evil

Grrarrgh
12-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Sometimes. I'm usually aware of it, though, and I try to tell people around me to beware. I try to be considerately moody for no reason. :)

Sophia
12-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, a lot, but because it generally happens in a regular way, I can usually be sure what the actual cause is.

It still takes me by surprise every time, though. I'll spend a day all wound up by huge fights in my head with imaginary people, and then suddenly realize what I'm doing and have an, "Oh, right," moment. :e2smack:

Darn body - can't trust it! :D

KellyAssauer
12-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Have you ever been moody for no reason?:rant:

Moody?
Me?
and No, I'm wasn't crying at that commercial...
It was something else...
something you did.
It was three years ago.
It was sweet,
and No.
I'm not telling you.
You'll think it's silly.
I dunno why I was thinking about that now.
What were you thinking about?

I mean besides that.

Get your damn hand off my knee
and tell me what you were thinking about.
You're not going to tell me, are you?
Son-of-bitch.
and I'm the moody one?
Bastard.

Cliff Face
12-16-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't really get moody these days. I get sinister.

But it's hard for me to get moody - every time I start going down that path, I remind myself that my life used to be a lot harder, and I should be grateful for the present, even if it still isn't ideal.

But I still get annoyed by pet peeves. But that's moody for a reason, and it doesn't really last too long.

Mostly I'm pretty serene.

The dog walks backwards through the hedge, but there is no milk.

brainstorm77
12-16-2010, 02:49 AM
ya some times i just feel like hitting u in the face i cant help it change your face or something dude

Skip the meds today did we?

mscelina
12-16-2010, 02:57 AM

This ^^^ makes me moody. Really moody. For God's sakes, this is a writers forum. Try...oh, I don't know...writing real words just for kicks and giggles--maybe even words that don't express some bizarre passive-aggressive mindset.

Ho. Ho. Ho. Bah humbug.

Back OT, yes, I woke up really moody today. Really moody. It might have to do with the slushpile I was wading through all morning. It might have something to do with the ice storm on its way. It may even have to do with the fact that yesterday I only wrote 8,000 words instead of the 10,000 words I needed to write. Facts remains, though--moodiness is most definitely part of my daily personal journey.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Yeah. I get moody when people report posts, then decide to step in and do something more public when they THINK nothing's being done, or not being done fast enough or public enough to suit 'em.

alleycat
12-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Speaking of moody women, does anyone have any ideas for dealing with a particularly moody woman whose e-mail you didn't reply to last night?

Hypothetical, of course.

Satori1977
12-16-2010, 03:17 AM
Oh yea, I am the first to admit I am a moody person. My father would say that I just experience very strong emotions because I am a passionate person.

I think there is usually a reason behind it, I just don't alway know what it is.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Speaking of moody women, does anyone have any ideas for dealing with a particularly moody woman whose e-mail you didn't reply to last night?

Hypothetical, of course.

Hypothetically... diamonds. Big ones. Soon.

alleycat
12-16-2010, 03:20 AM
Hypothetically... diamonds. Big ones. Soon.
I was thinking dinner, or shoes.

Or (shoot me) taking her dancing.

Adam
12-16-2010, 03:26 AM
Yeah. I get moody when people report posts, then decide to step in and do something more public when they THINK nothing's being done, or not being done fast enough or public enough to suit 'em.

I get moody when someone posts bollocks like this that's clearly aimed at me.

My Facebook page is public? And there was me thinking the privacy settings meant that only people on the friend's list (IE - mostly AWers and mates) could see it. Twitter, maybe, but I didn't use that.

I felt the post was a slight at my fiancée by a troll, but I reported and waited. Nothing happened. Yes, I complained on my PRIVATE Facebook about the person, but there was no attack at mods themselves. I said "There's never a mod around when someone's being an arsehole," riffing on "You can never find a pen when you need one."

Silver King
12-16-2010, 03:34 AM
I don't understand what the problem is with the post I've quoted, as it appears that wyat is simply expressing his moodiness.

It's not worth getting upset over or having an argument over his intentions.

brainstorm77
12-16-2010, 03:34 AM
You think that someone saying they'd like to hit you in the face is ok? As for the FB thing, there was not one thing in that thread that insulted any mod here or AW.

Adam
12-16-2010, 03:36 AM
"hitting u in the face," not people. Sounds to me like an insult.

Silver King
12-16-2010, 03:36 AM
I get moody when someone posts bollocks like this that's clearly aimed at me...
You're not the only person who reported that post, Adam. So let's just relax and not get moody over spilt milk.

Adam
12-16-2010, 03:38 AM
I'm the one who "went public." THAT'S what I'm moody over, and I'm in no mood to relax after being attacked by a mod.

Silver King
12-16-2010, 03:42 AM
You think that someone saying they'd like to hit you in the face is ok? As for the FB thing, there was not one thing in that thread that insulted any mod here or AW.
I doubt wyat was referring to you, personally. Sounds like a general you to me. And I don't know what you or Adam are talking about regarding Facebook except that it sounds like you think your comments there have been referred to in this thread. Is that correct?

Adam
12-16-2010, 03:43 AM
I doubt wyat was referring to you, personally. Sounds like a general you to me. And I don't know what you or Adam are talking about regarding Facebook except that it sounds like you think your comments there have been referred to in this thread. Is that correct?

I'm referring to this -

My reply further up (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5612314&postcount=30) mentions my FB post.

Silver King
12-16-2010, 03:45 AM
I'm the one who "went public." THAT'S what I'm moody over, and I'm in no mood to relax after being attacked by a mod.
Well, I'm not going to attempt to speak for Jen, but I believe you have seriously misconstrued her post in general, and her intentions specifically.

Adam
12-16-2010, 03:49 AM
And I don't.

Silver King
12-16-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm going to close this one for now, as there seems to be some confusion (mine included) as to who said what and why. Jen's offline at the moment, and when she returns, it'll be up to her whether this discussion is reopened and allowed to continue.

In the meantime, take it easy, all of us, and let's try not to say things out of anger that we might later regret.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-16-2010, 04:42 AM
And I'm going to open this long enough to make a clarification and a statement:

1. You weren't the only one who reported that post. You weren't even the only one who didn't like the implication, whether it was a 'joke' or not: I didn't treat it as one and handled it behind the scenes. Mods don't always make a public spectacle when they do their jobs.

2. I have no idea what you're on about your FB. I don't even think I'm a 'friend' of yours there. And I haven't been on twitter for ages. I didn't see anything you had to say on your FB page - my comment was strictly aimed at those who report posts and then won't either wait or trust that the issue will be handled appropriately. I don't live on line and when I am on line, I don't spend ALL of my time here playing nursemaid and net nanny.

3. Now, after I close this again, if ANY of you still have a problem, take it to Mac.