• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Writing Buddy/Beta Reader/Someone to hash out ideas with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

longtime lurker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone I can basically talk to and hash out ideas with. I think it's so important to really talk through ideas and critique certain aspects of a story with fresh eyes, which as the author of my own stories, I do not have. I want a two way street relationship; I'll help you with your ideas, beta read your works, and so on if you return the favor!

I currently have a few WIPs where I've written out detailed outlines and scenes here and there. I have many short stories I've never shared, and would love to share with someone. Basically, I want a writing buddy, someone to endure the process of writing with.

My favorite genres are science fiction, fantasy, romance, and horror, but really, I'm open to any genre. However, most of my stories are science fiction/fantasy, so that's something to keep in mind!

If you're interested, please reply, and we can send each other some excerpts and see how it works out!

Jettica

Superfluously multisyllabic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jetink.blogspot.com
Hey Noir,

I write and read the same sort of genres and I'm in desperate need of a writing buddy. I find there is nothing more inspiring than talking to someone about your story and helping them with theirs.

Drop me a message on here or email me jet.musicpromo (at) gmail.com

dragonangel517

A.K.A CoffeeWench
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Noir, I am looking for the same thing. I have several people, Reiny included, that I am exchanging ideas and crits with, and there is always room for one more. I like the idea of just bouncing ideas off someone else, mainly to prove I am not totally crazy about what I like, lol. Drop me a PM if you want to get in on my lastest sending on Friday.

M.A.

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there,
I actually joined this group for finding a wrtiting buddy.
So íf there is still room... i'd love to join :)

Kishi_Keahi

Lost Without a Doubt
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

This gives me an interesting idea. Since everyone here seems to be looking for the same thing, a writing buddy that fits Noir's ideals, maybe there is some way to form a sort of group between the lot of us. Just a bunch of people who can exchange stories, swap ideas, and help eachother through the rough spots.

If this isn't an entirely crazy idea, and/or someone's interested please PM me?

Status
Not open for further replies.