P.F. Chang

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took a chance and tried their Sliced Beef with Green Beans, Onions & Mushrooms (in the freezer section) - I added Broccoli to it - I lurve me some Broccoli.

It was very good.
icon14.gif

Even my "I don't really like Chinese Food" Hubby enjoyed it and he asked me if they made Orange Chicken. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've never tried their frozen foods, but I do love the restaurant. Here's a copycat recipe for P.F. Chang's Hot and Sour Soup:

1 quart chicken stock
1 C. soy sauce
1 tsp. white pepper
6 oz. bamboo strips
6 oz. woodear mushrooms
6 oz. chicken breast cut into strips
1 C. slurry (1/2 corn starch, 1/2 water)
2 eggs, beaten
4 oz. white vinegar
6 oz. silken tofu cut into strips

Bring stock to boil. Add soy sauce, white pepper, bamboo, mushrooms and chicken. Let cook for 3 minutes. Add slurry a little at a time and stir until thick (all slurry may not be necessary). Add eggs and cook for 30 seconds or until eggs are done. Turn off fire. Add vinegar and tofu in a bowl and pour soup on top. Stir and eat.

http://www.recipelink.com/mf/14/28572

I make this pretty often in winter, and yes, it tastes just like the restaurant version.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I love the restaurant but I refuse to buy their frozen foods because they're usually about $2 to $4 higher than the same volume of food by a competing frozen food company that does amazing Chinese. The orange peel beef and chicken lettuce wraps are amazing. To say nothing of the bomb pop martinis!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya.

It is expensive, but I found some $2 off coupons in the Sunday paper. ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Their restaurants have a gluten free menu.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
i've never tried their frozen stuff either but i will say that if it is anything like their restaurant food you should take a look at the sodium levels. i'd bet it's through the roof. you probably don't want to make a habit of eating it no matter how super-delicious it is!