Agent submission requirements

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
When an agent states in their submission guidelines "Prefers to read material exclusively", does that mean they prefer to be the only agent being queried about your project? Or does that mean if they request a partial or full mss, that they want to be the only ones reading it?

There are two agencies that I would like to query (both state they prefer to read exclusively) but I have other queries out, and one partial. Should I wait until I get everything back or query them anyway?

Thanks!

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
kristie911 said:
When an agent states in their submission guidelines "Prefers to read material exclusively", does that mean they prefer to be the only agent being queried about your project? Or does that mean if they request a partial or full mss, that they want to be the only ones reading it?

There are two agencies that I would like to query (both state they prefer to read exclusively) but I have other queries out, and one partial. Should I wait until I get everything back or query them anyway?

Thanks!

You can send out multiple queries, and some say you can send out multiple partials (in my experience, it seems that most agents assume that you do).
If an agent requests exclusivity, it's only for the full ms.
So go ahead with your queries, and good luck!

(I should add that some authors prefer to query only one at a time. But that's up to you.)