PDA

View Full Version : I miss you all very much!!! (((HUG)))

writerterri
12-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Two days before Thanksgiving I started not to be able to breath very well. Finally I went to the doc and then to the ER. I was admitted with double pneumonia an two partially collapse lungs. I was there two weeks and missed Thanksgiving and my birthday, which was why I didn't come in and harass my favorite dorks. It's been three days since I've been able to get off the couch and come in and tell you guys. I miss you so much I have tears. Quickwif, get me a tissue.

Anywho, I'm trying to be on the mend but it's a long road and I'm not fully there. The narcotics are fun though. Keeps the feeling of "I'm suffocating" at bay.

I think of you all the time and can even smell a few of you at times. Batteries, chocolate, bunny poop, alcohol, pot, wet dog, wet ferrit, food, or smells that are supposed to resemble food and foo foo.

Smells like home.

I miss you all dearly and can't wait to dork a few of you when I feel better.

This thread will probably inspire me to come and look and get out of bed to excessive my lungs.

Love, hugs, and kisses and a great big dorking!

Jersey Chick
12-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Feel better real soon, dork.

{{{HUGS}}}

Wayne K
12-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Pot? Awwwww, ya missed me :D

Hope ya get better soon :Hug2:

whacko
12-11-2010, 03:33 AM
You get yourself better Terri. And pass your unused medicines this way.:D

Bubastes
12-11-2010, 03:38 AM
{{{{{hugs}}}}} Get well soon!

KellyAssauer
12-11-2010, 04:13 AM
Take it easy! and don't fool with pneumonia!
Even when you do feel better (and you will!) wait it out.

=)

bettielee
12-11-2010, 05:01 AM
you should miss us... we're awesome...

Fellow pneumonia survivor. I know the feeling, it ain't pleasant. Please get more better.

Dork.

dolores haze
12-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Terri, you dork. You need to take better care of yourself.

*hugs*

Medievalist
12-11-2010, 05:05 AM
You take care of yourself Terri; that's the kind of thing that takes a good long while to get over.

We'll keep your seat for you.

brainstorm77
12-11-2010, 05:05 AM
I hope you are better soon :)

tiny
12-11-2010, 05:18 AM
Jeeze Terri. You're not supposed to get sick in SoCal. We don't allow it. Feel better.

Mystery1
12-11-2010, 05:26 AM
I hope you feel better soon.

Sharon

cray
12-11-2010, 05:37 AM
:Hug2:

kayleamay
12-11-2010, 05:38 AM
Geez...I thought you'd left the country with my Spanish box full of candy. Now, I kinda feel bad.

:cry: <--- See? I cry for you. Dork.

Get better. Now.

benbradley
12-11-2010, 05:54 AM
I thought I felt a dorkism in the dorkness. Get well soon!

Here's you a song - smells like home to me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ouxPhYy7Y)

regdog
12-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Get well soon:Hug2:

heyjude
12-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh, no! What a rough time. I'm sorry. Feel better!

Fenika
12-11-2010, 05:11 PM

Tell your lungs to stop being dorks and kick that infection's ass! ;)

Lavern08
12-12-2010, 01:56 AM
DANG!

I had pneumonia a year ago - Not a fun time at all.

But then you had to go and do it double. What are you, some kinda freak or sumthin?

Take all your meds - even the nasty ones - and get better soon. :Hug2:

kaitie
12-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Feel better soon. *Hugs*

Shadow_Ferret
12-12-2010, 03:22 AM
Get better, dork.

MacAllister
12-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Good lord, woman - take care of yourself. We're all thinking of you, and we'll be here when you get back. :)

joyce
12-12-2010, 05:30 AM
:Hug2:I hope you feel better soon. So sorry to hear you've been so sick.

writerterri
12-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Oh, I'm feeling some love in this thread! I'm going to wrap it around me and go watch Indiana Jones.

:whip:

Hugs and Kisses!

BardSkye
12-12-2010, 08:08 AM
:Hug2:Take all your meds, take care of yourself and get well soon. How could AW continue without people being dorked?

Matera the Mad
12-12-2010, 07:38 PM
((((((((((HUG))))))))))

DORK

((((((((((HUG))))))))))

Snowstorm
12-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Holy smokes! I'm sorry you're so sick! But with good meds, lots of rest, and the waves of love heading your way, you'll feel better soon.

Hugs to you. Dork.

LilliCray
12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Oh noez!!!! Don't get pneumonia! People might mistake you for a non-dork.

Ha! That was my ridiculously idiotic attempt to make a joke. :D

Hugs! And get better. Nao! Or... y'know... as soon as possible. Whichever comes first. :D

Ambrosia
12-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I am sorry to hear you have been so ill. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Soccer Mom
12-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Hope you are still on the road to recovery, Werri!

quickWit
12-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Pfft.
She just wants attention.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
She'll be sorry when she comes back and finds all the dog hair all over her chair. How can one rabbit and one dog shed so much without going completely bald?

Haggis
12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
We'll keep your seat for you.
I'll be watching your seat.

Get it?

Your seat? :e2brows:

*sigh*

Never mind.

Get breathing soon and get your pretty seat back here. :Hug2:

benbradley
12-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Maybe that's not SHEDding. :eek:

writerterri
12-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Pfft.
She just wants attention.

And?

At least I get some. :D

writerterri
12-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I tried not to laugh but then I laughed. Then I coughed. Now I need a breathing treatment.

You's are the best dorks evah! Love you all. Thanks for the cheering. I would rep you all but I don't have the strength yet. When I get better I'm going to line you all up and give you a good dorking.

QuickWif is first. He desperate for attention.

I'll use the dog hair to make a cover for Haggis. Something's going on down there just can't tell what.

(((HUG)))

Jess Haines
12-15-2010, 12:57 AM
Oh my goodness...! Get some rest, take care of yourself, and get better soon!

BardSkye
12-20-2010, 10:11 AM
How're you doing, sweetie? Can you breathe a little better now?

Snowstorm
12-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Yes. Thought of you today. How are you?

Silent Rob
12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Damn. Hope you feel better soon.

Am I allowed to say dork?

BardSkye
12-29-2010, 12:21 AM
Has anyone heard from writerterri? Is she okay?

Cassiopeia
12-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Best wishes for a great New Year Celebration, Wrerri! You know only dorks get double pneumonia right?

k....

just checkin'

;)

BeatrixKiddo
12-29-2010, 03:22 AM
Yikes, sorry to hear that. I had a lung ready to collapse on me when I was diagnosed with asthmatic bronchitis years ago so I know how scary that kind of "chest pressure" can be with a severe respiratory infection. The doc said my lung was so filled with fluid (by the time my stubborn butt finally decided to see her), they were amazed I was getting any oxygen at all at the time. Every breath hurt. (Thank god for antibiotics and inhalers)

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Never had pneumonia but I try to get the pneumonia vaccine every five years since my lungs are more susceptable to those types of infections. Get yourself vaccinated in the future if you can once you're better. (Flu vaccines are a good idea too, I haven't had the flu in years)

Susie
12-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Again, I didn't get the pm werri wasn't well So good you're feeling better. Lurves you and know you're in our prayers! ((((((((HUGS)))))). I bet I'm the chocolate one. :D Take care of yourself and let us know how you're doing when you can, k.

bluefeline
12-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Hope you feel better soon! :Hug2:

bluntforcetrauma
12-29-2010, 10:57 PM
I love you, dork. Get well soon.

writerterri
01-26-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you everyone.

I'm still alive. My breathing isn't any better. A week after my two week stay in the hospital I went to go see my doc. He wanted to get agressive with my lungs to open them up better and gave me a stronger medicine of the same one I was taking. It did fine until my 6th day on it. I began to have a reaction to it. My face and my hands tingled and my heart started beating strangly. I thought I was just tired so I went to bed. The next morning I took it again and the reaction was worse. I quit taking that strength and that night I took my regular strength. It didn't matter. I felt like I was going to die and had to go to the ER. Long story short, I had to stop taking the medication that once gave me my life back.

Now my breathing goes like this, I take a breathing treatment and my lungs open. This medication can only be taken every 4 hours or it could potentially kill me or I could have no reaction to it. Well, it only lasts two hours on me so I have to sit and wait for two more hours before I can do another treatment. My head starts pounding, my chest get so tight that I have to focus on every breath and it just doesn't feel good. If you want to really know how it feels put a straw in your mouth and breath while you walk around. It sucks. I do this day in and day out, morning, noon and during the night. My doc wants to start me on another longer acting bronchial dialator but now I'm scared. He put me on a different one earlier this month and I had a bad reaction to that too.

But it's nice to know someone cares.

See you around.

PS, If I should leave this world before I get my children's books published I'd like to leave them to somebody. I'm serious. I've had a pretty rough life since I came in and it seems it's going to be a battle until it's my time to go. I'd love to know that someone will try to get them published after I'm gone. I'd like to will them to somebody. I have a black bag full of mss that are very dear to me called "my bag of dreams". I'd hate to see them just sit and make no child smile. All my life I wanted to take my tragic childhood and turn it into something good and make children smile and laugh through my stories. I know that when there's a break between being abused you could make a child smile and laugh if you just read them a book. It was never done for me accept for one teacher I had in second grade. It would mean the world to me to know that through one of my books I made a child happy through a moment of escape.

No, I'm not suicidal. I'm just saying that it's very real that my lungs could just get tired and shut down. People die of asthma every day and I'm not above it.

Take care and hug someone you love.

Werri

cray
01-26-2011, 11:33 PM
sending tons of positive thoughts and energy your way, werri.

get well!

Chris P
01-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Oh Werri!:cry:Real office tears here. Thoughts and prayers and hugs.

Haggis
01-27-2011, 12:11 AM
A. Don't ever wait that long to go to the ER again, Dorkus.

2. Don't be afraid to try something that might bring you relief, even if you're afraid you might have a reaction to it. Hell, life's a crapshoot. You've got to give it a shot.

III. You'll have a standing order for good, healing vibes waiting for you right here, whenever you feel the need.

Susie
01-27-2011, 01:11 AM
Werri, so hope you get better and the docs can help you. Thoughts are with you and sending good healthy vibes your way and prayers. ((((((HUGS))))).

Stlight
01-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Maybe you could try the new drug while in the hospital or the doctor's office in case you get a reaction to it. That should keep it from being as frightening.

writerterri
01-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Maybe you could try the new drug while in the hospital or the doctor's office in case you get a reaction to it. That should keep it from being as frightening.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I really need them. Sorry I was so dramatic yesterday.

I was going to take the new med in the office but they didn't have any samples. I feel like I should try and get a hold of a sample rather than waste 155.00 on something that's going to give me a bad reaction.

I'm allergic to Advair and there are two meds in it. If it's in anything new I take I have the same reaction. I'll do some reaserch on Spiriva before I go buy it. I hope it works. This is a real drag.

BardSkye
01-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Sounds like you have every reason to be dramatic. Boy, it's good to hear from you, though. Try not to stay away so long next time, huh? Believe it or not, we do worry about you.

<<Big hugs>>

writerterri
01-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Thank you so much! I do feel loved here.

Dorks.

cray
01-28-2011, 11:29 PM
your cat has a gun....
of course we love you!

:D