I'm C. Montgomery Stuart, my story is 'Breaking the Ice.'

biotales
10-02-2005, 06:44 PM
I am Yvonne Oots aka Biotales... and I wrote the story "Merlin"

Yes I know some of you thought I was a male....:ROFL:

Richard
10-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm Orson Scott Card.

Yeah, some people will be savagely pissed after buying the book and realising, but as we all know, POD and refunds don't go together!

Moondancer
10-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Stephanie Cordray.... Heart of the Mountain

KimJo
10-02-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm Kim Ramsey, and my essay is "Tom."

Titles are not my strong point.

PattiTheWicked
10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I'm Patti Wigington. My essays are "Legacy," which is about my great grandmother, and "Where Have All the Heroes Gone?" which is kinda self-explanatory... or not.

Richard
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
:D Now you know I know...Come on Richard, tell us all.....come on.....

No, I prefer to hide behind my cryptic domain name.

Jean Marie
10-02-2005, 07:26 PM
And my full name is Jean Marie Wiesen and my essay is: A Different Kind of Marathon.

maestrowork
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Raymond K. Wong, "The Truths About Rains And Floods."

yes, i know some of you still think i'm a female

JAlpha
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Janet Paszkowski

Stength of Spirit: I Was in My Rose Garden/Poem

rtilryarms
10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Mike Hawkins - Continuance

I am neither male nor female. I am a snail. _@/' ("")

kind of convenient, actually.

Ken Schneider
10-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Ken Schneider

Stories of Strength-Community- Blizzards and Friends

Though, that is no secrete. lol.

aruna
10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Sharon Maas, Strength in Fiction, The Boy with the Golden Hands,

janetr
10-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Janet Ross-Pilla, Minnesota. Essays: The Organ Man and Our Faces Are Not Our Own.

I've been reading Jenna's newsletter for years but this is my second time on the threads. I'm a newbie and I'm now hooked on you guys! It's great to be a part of such a talented group of people, snails, males and females and every other species that pops up. I will disclose my species after I get to know you all a little better.

OneTeam OneDream
10-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Chris Manning- Looking up to a Shortstop

BlueTexas
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Kira Connally--February's Ashes.

Robin Bayne
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Robin Bayne-- Pine Scrapbook. :)

Susie
10-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm Suzan L. Wiener - "God's Solace"

September skies
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm Esther Avila - my story is Rafael's Gift

September skies
10-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Most of you know my name which is Vanessa...last name Kyles. :) No middles. (may change since two people out there in google land are already carrying my name) Oh yeah any suggestions on that?

Yes, what do you recommend? There are several of me out there too.
And me, myself and I have all seen it.

Sarita
10-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Sara Spock. Strength in Fiction: Where the Shrewsbury Meets the Atlantic.

It's a true story, actually. My dad told it to me the first time he took me fishing out there. It was his experience as a child. I just twisted it into my own little version :)

rhymegirl
10-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Are we all doing this?

Vanessa, my essay is right after yours under Strength of Love.
It's My Job, Sink or Swim. K.L. Tirrell

awatkins
10-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Anne C. Watkins or Anne Culbreath Watkins (can't remember which name I used :D ) -- "Hummingbird Summer"

Sully
10-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Mary Broadbent - Nanna

CharmianChristie
10-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Hi Vanessa,

With a name like Charmian Christie, it's no surprise I'm the only one out there in Googleland.

I have two personal essays in the anthology: "Stop Thief!" and "Wet and Naked".

Charmian

Kim Gogo
10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
My name is Kim Gogo-Melvin and my poem is "Just Believe", which I wrote to inspire my children to not let adversity stop them from trying their best...to not give up when life seems difficult. I altered it, to direct it to everyone facing adversity.kim

mommie4a
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Jill Miller Zimon - in the first section of the book, in the middlish - "A Real, Super, Human" - about how my son - whom I should be propping up - props me up.

dragonjax
10-03-2005, 12:21 AM
dragonjax -- Jacqueline H. Kessler: editor extraordinaire. And extremely modest. In fact, that's my best quality. :ROFL:

(I crack myself up.)

Vanessa
10-03-2005, 12:48 AM
dragonjax -- Jacqueline H. Kessler: editor extraordinaire. And extremely modest. In fact, that's my best quality. :ROFL:

(I crack myself up.)

:ROFL: yea that was funny!

MarkPettus
10-03-2005, 02:55 AM
My name is Mark Pettus, but I write under the nom de guerre Mark Pettus.

Merry Chrismas, Panama 1989

sthrnwriter
10-03-2005, 04:06 AM
For those who don't know, my name is Andrea Allison (yes it's my real name) and my short story is "Tornado Luck".

Happy Birthday, Sara! :partyguy:

Vanessa
10-03-2005, 04:10 AM
This is so cool!

WVWriterGirl
10-03-2005, 04:21 AM
Linley B. Marcum, "Of Buildings and Babies"

Shwebb
10-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Shelly Wiseman Webb--"Beachside Revelations"

My essay is right next to Linley's--we're relatively close geographically, too.

Hey, I broke Jenna's code! :)

Alphabet
10-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Ummm, because I've had some chatroom stalkers I won't be putting my real name up until AFTER I am rich and famous, well, till after I've published my first book anyway!!

There ARE some loons out there and even if I hadn't had personal experience of it I wouldn't divulge my name because I've heard enough stories of people who had and came to regret it.

There are clues anyway in the main thread, and that's enough, plus I'll be happy to answer by PM to anyone who really really can't sleep at night without knowing.

Shwebb
10-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Let's not forget the simple process of elimination, my dear Alpha!:)

OneTeam OneDream
10-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Ummm, because I've had some chatroom stalkers I won't be putting my real name up until AFTER I am rich and famous, well, till after I've published my first book anyway!!

There ARE some loons out there and even if I hadn't had personal experience of it I wouldn't divulge my name because I've heard enough stories of people who had and came to regret it.

There are clues anyway in the main thread, and that's enough, plus I'll be happy to answer by PM to anyone who really really can't sleep at night without knowing.

You mean alphabet isn't your real name???....strange..

mommie4a
10-03-2005, 04:59 AM

I once knew someone named Marshmallow Alphabet. Truth.

Sarita
10-03-2005, 05:04 AM
I'm sure a lot of these names are not real names Indeed. "Sara Spock" is far too clever to have been born with, wouldn't you say? :)

(In sooth, 'tis me name)

Shwebb
10-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Happy Birthday, Sara!!

May you always be 29.

:banana:

Gillian
10-03-2005, 06:20 AM
I'm Gillian Polack, and my story is... Sorry, Miss, I can't remember. Oops, I went straight back to primary school - my story is the one about the Canberra bushfires.

While I remember, is the US word for bushfire, wildfire, or is my memory leading me astray?

Gillian
have a good and sweet new year!

jdkiggins
10-03-2005, 07:07 AM
Joanne D. Kiggins - Strength To Start Over - My essay is Perseverance.

Kim Gogo
10-03-2005, 07:46 AM

More importantly, is it zed or zee....?

kim

BJ Bourg
10-03-2005, 08:30 AM
My true name is Billy Bourg. I write under my initials (BJ Bourg). My short story falls under Physical Strength and is titled A FATHER'S CONSOLATION. bjb

mrs75
10-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Vanessa, we've already met and spoke through e-mail, but I'll still do this for others interested, and also to let you know which essay is mine :)

My name is Misti Sandefur -- Essay: Behind Closed Doors

paprikapink
10-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Ellen Lewis Lief -- Perceiving the Possible

(I can't be stalked; I'm currently wafting trails of profuse coolness and those are hard to follow.)

aka eraser
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Doesn't require rt-like detective powers to figure out mine. :)

Frank Baron and I wrote The Plate and The Ten K Walk.

rtilryarms
10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=aka eraser] Frank Baron QUOTE]

YES! [pumping fist in air]

I KNEW it!

[woo woo woo!]

rtilryarms
10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
I'm Gillian Polack, and my story is... Sorry, Miss, I can't remember. Oops, I went straight back to primary school - my story is the one about the Canberra bushfires.

While I remember, is the US word for bushfire, wildfire, or is my memory leading me astray?

Gillian
have a good and sweet new year!

It's wildfire and your mind is leading you ashtray

rtilryarms
10-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Ummm, because I've had some chatroom stalkers I won't be putting my real name up until AFTER I am rich and famous,

As if I couldn't know who you are at my slightest whim [flattens eyebrow with wetted pinky finger]

rtilryarms
10-03-2005, 08:48 PM
Doesn't require rt-like detective powers to figure out mine. :)

Frank Baron and I wrote The Plate and The Ten K Walk.

HEY REPH:

Maybe I was wrong. This guy says he wrote The Ten K. Walk with Frank Baron. So this guy is still a ghost.

Ruby
10-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Rose Thomason- my essay is "Forget Me Not"

awatkins
10-03-2005, 09:21 PM
HEY REPH:

Maybe I was wrong. This guy says he wrote The Ten K. Walk with Frank Baron. So this guy is still a ghost.

:roll:

aka eraser
10-03-2005, 09:25 PM
LOL Mike. I've always been punctuation-impaired. I'd edit it but that would mess up your joke.

So I'll just plot my revenge instead. ;)

Yeshanu
10-04-2005, 03:17 AM
The Ten K Walk.

Frank, is that the one that was your last email column? That was absolutely hilarious...

I'm Ruth Cooke, and I wrote "The Plant."

aka eraser
10-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Yes Ruth. Jenna made me include it in the anthology after she read it.

She's as persuasive as she is intelligent, perceptive and cute. ;)

rtilryarms
10-04-2005, 04:11 AM

Jenna is intelligent and perceptive?

Who knew?

ChunkyC
10-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Jenna is intelligent and perceptive?

Who knew?
Make that 114 writers.... http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

JennaGlatzer
10-04-2005, 07:19 AM

This is true. In fact, Frank told me I missed my calling as a dictator. I believe my words were something like, "Hi Frank. You're going to let me use this essay in the anthology."

Aww, shucks. Thanks! If I told my husband someone called me "perceptive," though, he'd crack up. I've been known to go days before realizing that he's painted the house, moved the furniture, parked a giant boat in our front yard... I notice very little that happens outside of this office. (He, on the other hand, is the coolest... he notices every time I get my eyebrows waxed, even.)

Kim Gogo
10-04-2005, 03:54 PM
(He, on the other hand, is the coolest... he notices every time I get my eyebrows waxed, even.)

I don't think anyone could NOT notice when mine are done. I look a little like Bobo the clown.

I'm just such a sensitive person. *sniff*

kim ;)

Gillian
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Thank you! (both about wildfire and the state of my mind)

Gillian

Gabriele
10-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Not such a complicated guess here. ;)

Gabriele Campbell, The Sacrifice

Well, Gabriele IS my first name, but Campbell a pen name. For two reasons: my German family name would cause English-speaking people a headache re. spelling and pronounciation; and second, some German academics have that attitude that you better don't write fiction while doing your PhD (as long as you're not Umberto Eco). It's stupid, yes. :Shrug:

Yeshanu
10-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka eraser

This is true. In fact, Frank told me I missed my calling as a dictator. I believe my words were something like, "Hi Frank. You're going to let me use this essay in the anthology."

Jenna, if I hadn't found out first that the essay was in the anthology, I would have emailed him and told him to have it published somewhere.

my German family name would cause English-speaking people a headache re. spelling and pronounciation

((((Gabriele!)))) At last, someone who knows what it's like... (I wasn't one of those feminists who kept their own name when they married for exactly the same reason.)

AmyDoodle
10-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Amy Mullis "The Wonderful Transformation of the Library Troll"

I get to sit near OSC in the first section. I can die happy.

Kim Gogo
10-05-2005, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=Yeshanu]Jenna, if I hadn't found out first that the essay was in the anthology, I would have emailed him and told him to have it published somewhere. [QUOTE]

I think I'm the only one in the AW world who hasn't seen Frank's essay. Is it in a thread somewhere that I can find it?

I've never been one for patience. :Jump:

kim :)

ChunkyC
10-05-2005, 02:32 AM
I think I'm the only one in the AW world who hasn't seen Frank's essay. Is it in a thread somewhere that I can find it?
It was one of Frank's recent newsletters. You can go to his site and sign up so you don't miss one in the future, but I think you're stuck waiting for the book for that particular gem.

Robin Bayne
10-05-2005, 11:31 PM
[QUOTE=Yeshanu]

Nope, there are 2 of us. :popcorn:

biotales
10-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Not such a complicated guess here. ;)

Gabriele Campbell, The Sacrifice

Well, Gabriele IS my first name, but Campbell a pen name. For two reasons: my German family name would cause English-speaking people a headache re. spelling and pronounciation; and second, some German academics have that attitude that you better don't write fiction while doing your PhD (as long as you're not Umberto Eco). It's stupid, yes. :Shrug:\
Not to change the subject but what part of Germany are you from...

Paint
10-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Sandra Coker--"Comma Eyes"

The pleasure is all mine to be with you guys on this!!
Congratulations to all!!!

aruna
10-06-2005, 09:52 AM
\

Wanted to ask that myself. My "realname" is also German and unpronouneable!

Gabriele
10-07-2005, 12:10 AM
\

I've been born in Hamburg, moved all over the place during the years, and now live in Göttingen.

Ken Schneider
10-07-2005, 03:06 AM
I spent three years in Germany, 1978-1981. I drove a semi all over from Garmish, to Bremerhaven. I was stationed in Mannheim.

I loved it there, and with a last name like mine, the people liked me too.

My grandfather is from Augsburg.

Lady K'Lyssia
10-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Hi,

I want to say I think this anthology looks great and I'm proud to be included with the rest of you wonderful people.

Carol Hightshoe - The Final Blessing - Strength in Fiction

www.carolhightshoe.com (http://www.carolhightshoe.com)

aruna
10-07-2005, 09:34 AM
I spent three years in Germany, 1978-1981. I drove a semi all over from Garmish, to Bremerhaven. I was stationed in Mannheim.

I loved it there, and with a last name like mine, the people liked me too.

My grandfather is from Augsburg.

I know Mannheim well (lived not too far away), and have been to Garmisch... lived 30 years in the country and have mixed feelings about it.

Kida Adelyne
10-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Allison Cooke- Little Nińo