• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas Needed for 94k Crime Novel - JUSTIFIED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
From Chapter 1 (since I don't have a brief summary yet)

Killing him wasn't the hard part.

She needed to watch him die a long, slow, painful death. She needed to see her reflection fade from his eyes. She was necessary for him to know, as his body failed him one system at a time, the reasons for his suffering. For that, she had to be patient.

She’d never been a patient person, so waiting was the hard part.

Chastity Morgan sat on the plastic chair, holding her back rigid several inches from the backrest. Cool, dry air burst through the vent above her head and tussled her deep, auburn curls. Beside her, a window lent a view of the red, orange, and yellow leaves covering the parking lot and the bare trees surrounding the building, but she didn’t turn her head to look. The wind howled, rattling the window panes and quieting the sounds from the street. Hushed voices drifted from beyond a closed door. She folded her arms across her chest and bounced one leg over the other. Their lies didn’t matter.

If they accused her directly, she would tell them. There was nothing to hide. How much they knew was irrelevant. The truth would fight its way to the surface eventually. She’d never convinced herself otherwise, when it did, Chase would make them understand.

PM me with your email if you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.