PDA

View Full Version : Silent pass and Multiple subs advice plz?

Stylo
12-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Hi, I've been trying to crack into the greeting card market since Summer.

I sent one range to a UK publisher back in June and they've been 'considering' it ever since.

I sent a polite e-mail in September, and was told it was 'still under consideration', but they should have an answer in a few weeks. E-mailed again last week, but this time have had no response.

Am I getting a silent 'pass' d'you reckon?

Should I just go ahead and send the range out to someone else?

Also, while I was waiting for a response from the above company I designed another range, and am tempted to submit it to a few companies at a time - is this an okay thing to do? Or is it frowned upon?

Any advice gratefully received!

peg
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Stylo! My advice would be to keep waiting on the first company, say, another month. And, as silly as it may seem sometimes, send out your new batch to just one company at a time. Pick the best company, best fit.

Don't forget that during the holidays, companies may have fewer working days and more people taking time off.

Best of luck to you! Believe me, it's worth the wait for a sale!

Peg

P.S. Start working on batch #3!

Susie
12-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Hey, Stylo. I agree with Peggy P's great advice. :welcome:

Stylo
12-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the welcome and advice guys!

Cassie88
12-10-2010, 02:46 AM
Stylo, I'm sending you a PM.

Cass

Jens22
12-11-2010, 12:46 AM
Hey Stylo, welcome to the business!

Slow response times and long 'consideration' periods are the norm, especially these days. If they said they're still considering it and their decision will be just 'a few weeks,' I'd say wait and see.

Actually, I'd say write more while you're waiting!

Good luck!