Agented!!

Renee Collins

Plotting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
midnightmeditations.blogspot.com
I have to admit (somewhat sheepishly) that I've dreamed of starting this thread. And now here I am!!

I'm thrilled to announce that I have signed with Molly Jaffa of Folio Literary Management!!!

:hooray:

I owe all you guys here at AW! Not only did you help me get my query just right, but having this community of writers has helped me in my low moments. (And believe me, I had them. MANY of them. :D )

So THANK YOU!!!!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
A million CONGRATS for you! :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Let's hear the whole story! The rejection count! The keyboard-chipped fingernails and post-midnight hours! The partial request, the full request, the phone call!

CGs and good luck on the next step!

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
:snoopy::Clap::Clap::e2woo::e2cheer::e2bear::e2bear:
CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
I said it on your blog, but I'll say it again. :D

CONGRATS!!! :partyguy:

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Renee! Great news!!!!

Renee Collins

Plotting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
midnightmeditations.blogspot.com
Thank you all so much!!

As for those who asked for the story, I am working on a blog post that tells my whole journey to this moment. Complete with stats! (Because I love some good stats) I'm going to post that tonight, but I'll give a quick overlook.

This offer came for the second book I queried. The third book I've written. I started sending out queries mid November of last year. So just over a year ago. I sent out about 39 queries, until about mid January.

Then I gave up. I felt that the agents had spoken, and so (very sadly) I put this book away.

Fast forward to mid November of this year. I'd written another book and had queried that one for a month or two.

And had given up again. (After under 20 queries. I know. I know!)

And then, I had something of a personal revolution where I realized I'd been WAY too hard in my own writing, and had give up WAY too soon. I reread both books, and decided I owed it to myself to try harder.

Within two weeks, I had my offer from Molly Jaffa. :) AND, when I let other agents who had my fulls/partials know, a second offer came in.

So, when all is said and done, I've become a believer in not giving up if you really love the book. I mean, it obviously doesn't work this way every time, but it was a lesson I personally needed to learn. :)

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
So, when all is said and done, I've become a believer in not giving up if you really love the book. I mean, it obviously doesn't work this way every time, but it was a lesson I personally needed to learn. :)

That's inspiring. I love hearing stories like this of writers who refused to give up and finally made it.

You're totally right--if you love the thing you've made, you shouldn't give up on it.