Warning to inspect dog treats from Walgreen's

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
We're turning this in as soon as we can figure who else to turn it in to, other than Walgreen's. We got dog treats that came from China -- Dad and Sis haven't given me the brand name yet.

Their dog grabbed one (it was a pig's ear treat of some sort) right as Sis opened the pack and ran with it into the next room. The dog immediately vomited. Sis inspected it, and it was foul-smelling and a strange texture.

The clerk at Walgreen's checked, and all (most?) of their stock had the same thing going on, whatever it is.

I don't know what it is, but in case you have a dog with an iron gut who wouldn't vomit it up, please inspect any treats you get. I only give the store name because this can be a batch/lot thing. But other stores could carry the same products, too. Just be especially careful! Something may be up. (Or it could be a rare thing that is always bound to happen; dunno yet).

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hope your pooch in okay.

Never give your pets edible treats from China. Many times they use toxic products in the processing.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
She's fine, thank you :) She's a picky eater. My own guys aren't, so there's no telling what could have happened had they woofed down a pack of those things!

I do avoid pet products from China (anything edible or to chew, really). I suggest that myself, honestly. I think my Sis agrees now!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up! Let us know if you get a brand name.