• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Paranormal Romance NOVELLA, 24k words -- A retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDesireX

I like tentacles!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ninasgooden.com
Hi, again, guys;

You guys have probably noticed I've been a busy girl. I've had a great, if not exhausting month and a lot of interest in my work. This last one is a retelling of a classic fairytale. It's a novella, so it's pretty short. I just received a positive response on it from a publisher, but they suggested I get a critiquing partner. I suppose there are some things you just need a second pair of eyes for. I'll be glad to do a swap for a like-length story for this as well. Here is the blurb:

“The Big, Bad” is another look at the fairytale “Little Red Riding Hood”. The novella is written in first person point of view, stands complete at 24,000 words, and follows a few chaotic days in the life of a young woman named Roux after she is kidnapped by a shape shifting wolf.

When Roux left on her daily “meals on wheels” route she expected to visit the not-so-kindly old lady “Grandma.” Only, when she gets to the cottage she discovers that the mean old crow has been killed by what looks like a vicious animal. Oddly enough, the only person she finds at the scene of the crime is a strange naked man who turns out to be a shape-shifting wolf!

Our flustered heroine quickly finds herself caught up in a whirlwind of blood, danger, and lust. On one hand she has to dodge bullets and pitchforks, while on the other she has to unravel her own confusing feelings for the wolf who has suddenly and unrelentingly claimed her as his mate.

Her only option, if she wants to go back to her nice, quiet life is to help this wolf find out who is framing him and why. When the only person she can trust is the one most dangerous to her heart, Roux has to make the ultimate choice between a past of comfort and a future that is unwritten.

The only question is: will she really want to leave after he awakens the well of passion within her?

Even though it's my shortest complete work today, this story is probably my favorite. It's polished within an inch of its life, it just needs a read for clarity of lines and the like.

If you're interested go ahead and send me an email rather than a PM, since I get them quicker. My email address is [email protected]. Also, if you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Nina S. Gooden

Status
Not open for further replies.