• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta reader wanted for YA "issue book"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASwimmerWrites

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a beta (or two or three) for the second draft of my YA Contemporary SPLASHBACK.

Ever since she swam to a third place finish at the Olympic Trials, seventeen-year-old Lottie Maverick hasn’t led your typical high school life. Typical high school students see their family more than in passing. Normal teenagers hang out with best friends and go on dates. Ordinary seniors wish for full college scholarships. But things go from unique to dangerous when a kidnapping places her in the middle of a sex trafficking ring, and her kidnapper gives her an offer that could save her life:

Make the 2012 Olympic team one year from now, and she will never be taken as a sex slave.

But the kidnapper has another bargaining chip up his sleeve: her missing sister Heidi. Now Lottie isn’t swimming for her own salvation alone. As she tries to recover her lost confidence from an injury a year ago, she begins a mad scramble back up the rankings to the only two spots which will save her. A romance that turns dark coupled with a friendship rooted in jealousy complicate matters further and line the lanes of Lottie’s life as she reaches again for glory once lost.

PM me if you're interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.